Looking at 350z's

djb55

Hi all, I have just been looking at a particular 2007 350z GT with a view to purchasing, its at a dealers who seems quite reputable but something is making me twitchy about the car.

for a start its got 24K miles but both front tyres have been replaced with brand new ones, I can understand that maybe the rears and fronts could have been swapped at some time, especially if someone likes the sound of squeeling rubber LOL, but 24000 miles and new tyres doesnt seem right ????

Secondly, they had the battery disconected, and it was connected for me to take a test drive, while it sounded absolutely beautifull I felt like there was no real oooomph there, cant explain it really, I was thinking that with the battery being off the ecu may have been in limp mode and would need to do a few miles to completley remap itself ?? is that feasible ?

Lastly the interior was to be honest a little tat, the centre glovebox lid was all scratched around the handle and I noticed lots of little scratches and nicks on the inside drivers door handle is this common ?

I currently drive a 2006 MX5 which to be honest looks like its just come out of the factory even with 47000 miles on it. I was a little suprised that a 07 24k 350z would look like this ???

Dave

The driver's door handle is really easily scratched as it has a thin rubber coating over white plastic - I am really careful and have owned mine for two weeks, and have scratched it twice (oops). The slidey door thing over the cup holder seems similarly prone but not quite as bad.

Not quite sure what you mean about the tyres but you can't swap the fronts to the back because they are different sizes.

Hi.

1. As said above. Front/Rear rotation not possible as the Zed has a staggered size (rears wider than fronts)

2. Its common practice for lots of dealers to disconnect batteries. If you felt there wasnt much "oomph" go test drive another one to compare. It could just be that you aint used to a heavier car (the MX5 is alot lighter)

3. The interior trim is prone to scratches. Get some cash knocked off.

I would say that the Zed doesn't feel as quick as it really is. Some turbo cars have nothing...nothing...then loads of torque, but the Zed's power delivery is so smooth and linear it really doesn't feel like a 280bhp + car.

Thanks guys for the info, I did forget about the front and rear tyres being different.

Yes the MX5 is very nimble and should not be compared really.

Think I need to test drive one or two more and get a better idea

Once again thanks for all the info.

Fronts will last a lot longer than the rears. 10-12k for rears is fairly normal, my fronts still had bags of tread about 4mm when I fitted new wheels and tyres at 10k...so 24k is maybe possible :shrug:

Pete