Fidanza lightened flywheel

Motordyne Plenum spacer(the larger one)

18" Nismo Replica wheels

Stubby aerial

Aftermarket discs/red stuff pads

PasswordJDM gear knob

Stripped rear interior

Private Number plate

Think this one has a bloody good engine as shes quick for a DE! Confident it will hold its own against a HR motor. Id say this is pushing near/if not 300bhp and minus 50KG weight. Through various comparison tests etc.

Future mods:

Vortech Supercharger kit(hopefully within the next 3 months or so)

Coilovers

Carbon front lip

A possible subtle body kit(i have one in mind)

This is how it currently stands:

Ive now Flushed the front plate:

P1010632.jpg

Flushed mounted plate:

P1010643.jpg

P1010564.jpg

P1010651.jpg

P1010639.jpg

P1010636.jpg

P1010645.jpg

P1010628.jpg

I had to space out the strut bar to fit with the plenum spacer, but its on there and pretty well:

P1010649.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Like the wheels mate. The matt bronze colour is great, looka bit like Rota Drifts :thumbs:

How are you finding the Magnaflow exhaust?

Thanks mate, yeah they do, they are in between the drifts and the GTR's i think..

I really like it. The system is very deep on partial throttle and gets very loud and "racey" so to speak on full chat. Although fitment is not great. It makes contact with my rear diff casing so i got bad rattling noises but i wrapped some heat wrap around the area and has sorted that problem good.. I wanted the OEM style looks with the exhaust that was what i liked about the system, as well as the noise on a few videos i had heard prior to purchasing.

Also i wouldn't recommended the Ichiba as both flexi pipes blew within 2 months of ownership. They have been replaced and it seems to be all good now.

Yeah I've seen a few vids of the magnaflow as well and thought it might be an alternative to the Scorpion sound wise but with more stock looking tips. Shame that it has fitment issues. I guess it's designed for the US/JDM versions without the cooling fins on the diff.

That may very well explain that problem! I didnt realize the US/JDM versions didnt have the fins?! Thats exactly where it is making contact. It doesnt make contact until you drive it. On stand still there is about 1/2 inch gap but i guess when moving you get the engine movement.

Its quite a nice sound, I have a video of the sound inside the car, not outside though

Yeah, I'm not sure why they are so different. I know that some other import exhausts like the HKS true dual have to be modified as well as they have the same issue. I guess with a bit modification you could get rid of the rattling. Not sure whether the mid pipe could be bent away from it a bit or if the diff casing has to be filed down.

Hmm, yeah that is strange.

Well ive taken my car to a local exhaust fabricator when i had the flexi pipes changed and they said they could re-work the system to fit better.. I said its ok as its all on there properly and ive eliminated the vibration. But if you wanted it could be bend away/or chopped and re-welded.

Cars looking good :thumbs:

might want to get your Butt Dyno recalibrated though as i think it might be out ;)

Cheers mate,

Haha i know what your saying as most DE's dont make higher then say 290.. Which it might be around that,

The cars it competes with is pretty surprising, easily pass the Revvy 06 engined 350's, which is odd.. Dead even with bros mapped dyno proven 320BHP EVO 5 slightly lightened, and many other cars we've drag raced against. I wont bore you with the rest :lol: And these are drivers i know can drive.

I mean Im not a bragger etc, im not here to gloat, Just saying, ive been into racing/drag racing track racing for years now and have had competitive cars so im familiar of how things should fair up and this is a pretty odd one.. They are supposed to have 276BHP right? I can bet my bottom dollar its a hell of alot higher then that... Id expect the quarter mile to be dealt with in around 13.4 in this, again which is odd... As im sure the HR series motors are getting around these times?

Wow looks awesome. I love how you've kept the stock exhaust shape too. And have left the exterior, it looks better plain.

How about one of those carbon fibre bits for the middle of the dash around the instruments and pods? I think those look cool.

Also, when you get a plenum spacer, do you have to remove the engine cover? Getting a spacer fitted soon, but I like how it says 3.5 V6 on the cover :blush:

And erm, what are those mudguard bits on the back? they look cool!

Wow looks awesome. I love how you've kept the stock exhaust shape too. And have left the exterior, it looks better plain.

How about one of those carbon fibre bits for the middle of the dash around the instruments and pods? I think those look cool.

Also, when you get a plenum spacer, do you have to remove the engine cover? Getting a spacer fitted soon, but I like how it says 3.5 V6 on the cover :blush:

And erm, what are those mudguard bits on the back? they look cool!

Thanks buddy! Appreciate the comment :thumbs:

Yeah i would love the carbon surround but these are things that will have to come eventually when i have spare cash :)

Ahh they arent mud guards they are rear spats, part of the GT kit i thought!? I bough the car with them on so im not 100%

I believe with the smaller plenum spacer you can retain the engine cover but with the larger one i have, it wouldnt go back on.. They did state this in the description so i knew this might be the case. They also said i wouldnt be able to fit the OEM strut bar but i managed to space it out and fit it soo.....

you may have a good engine, i'm not disputing that, but its booked at 276 from the manufacuture, although on the forum we've found that alot aren't even close, the early engines were way off their projected figures. until i see a dyno print out, i'm staying happily on the fence :lol:

@rtbiscuit I see where your coming from, at the end of the day, its not what power it puts down its how it actually goes on road.. Figures are just for a bit of fun.. Id rather it be less then i expect to be honest, that way i can **** people off when i say im underpowered :lol: I have a few videos of the speedo winding round effortlessly to high speeds. No problem hitting 160 on the clock

@Tarmac

Nice one mate, thanks!

Nah i still have the cover, i just couldnt fit it back on once i fitted the spacer. But apparently this spacer gives a little more power up top like 2-4BHP.. I dont know how true that is though. Might be worth just getting the smaller one if you want to keep the cover.. I wasnt bothered about the cover though.. Plus my aim is to go F/I very soon so i thought this would work even better once boosted.

Ahh they arent mud guards they are rear spats, part of the GT kit i thought!? I bough the car with them on so im not 100%

I wouldnt be the person to ask, but I dont recognise them on any stock bodied Z I've seen! Perhaps someone could shed some light? I want them though!