Anyone got a 3d tv ?

Been looking at buying a new tv but like everything these days it's not straight forward.

Ideally wanted something 40-50" LCD for around £500

Then I looked on the Richer Sounds website and saw a 46" Sony Bravia 3D tv, trade in price £999. I thought that was a dam good price and don't mind spending the extra if it's worth it.

I've not done any research as yet just wanted to see if anyone on here can give some input as to how they get on with the tv on a daily basis and if it's worth the extra cash.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Nope, I have looked in to getting one and at the moment I personally don't think its worth it. Give it another 5 years and I will reconsider. The technology only seems good because its new.

I would get a decent LED one :thumbs:

The last TV I got was from here......

.... http://www.beyondtelevision.co.uk/

I had good service, and accurate delivery so I would recommend :thumbs:

I would defo go LED... i've been looking around for the last few months, and despite the fact you can get a 50" Plasma for under £500, they have nowhere near the image quality of the LED tv's... :dry:

I saw one in selfridges the other day and it was amazing B)

I would defo go LED... i've been looking around for the last few months, and despite the fact you can get a 50" Plasma for under £500, they have nowhere near the image quality of the LED tv's... :dry:

+1

The LED is far superior to LCD and Plasma, not only in picture quality but also longevity. I went round all the shops and looked for the one I liked the most, then found it on line for just over half price :thumbs:

+1

The LED is far superior to LCD and Plasma, not only in picture quality but also longevity. I went round all the shops and looked for the one I liked the most, then found it on line for just over half price :thumbs:

fancy swapping it for some berks :lol:

Thanks for the info guys

do you have a link to the one you bought so I can check it out ?

fancy swapping it for some berks :lol:

do you have a link to the one you bought so I can check it out ?

Its tempting, but I don't think the Mrs and the Kids will enjoy watching two tubes mounted to the wall quite as much..... or having to go outside and watch them under the zed :lol:

http://www.beyondtelevision.co.uk/samsung-ue46c5100-black-46-led-television.html

I have a 42in Samsung like this one :thumbs: , was more £££ when I got mine :thumbdown:

I see quite a lot is out of stock, its worth giving them a ring and registering interest in a TV, they will let you know/reserve for you I think. :thumbs:

Have a look on here. http://www.avforums.com/

There's loads of info which might actually confuse things but it should answer any questions.

LED is LCD, it's just the type of backlighting.

I've got a Panasonic plasma G20B and the picture is brilliant. LCD tv's tend to be sharper where plasma rend to be a softer picture which I prefer. You really need to see them in the flesh to decide what's best for you.

Can't comment on the 3D sorry.

The LED is far superior to LCD and Plasma, not only in picture quality but also longevity.

LED and LCD are the same, the led part only refers to the type of backlight used to light the screen, typically Led or flourescent ;) Plasma's vary wildly in quality. A top end plasma beats any lcd or led any day and shows more colours and produce's better blacks and is much better for viewing fast moving pictures like sport for example.

But i must admit i do like the slimness of an led. B)

I've just invested in a new projector, and a 3d adaptor for it. I've tried friends 3d tv's, and they were good, but 3d on a projected 120" screen is just insane, its literally breath-taking!

If you have a room that it will work with, i'd suggest this setup all day long over a 3d tv.

Plasma rules. Ask any nerd. The reproduction of action cannot be matched by the others. LED/LCD is sharper, as long as theres not much happening, they start to stutter at this point. So if you are into big crashy explody type of movies, plasma is the choice. I recently bought a 50" Samsung 1080P 3D.

Simply: I love it. I did have a Pioneer - who made the very best screens - for about 5 yrs and was 'only' 720P but was sensational. It was better than the Sammy at standard res but slam a blu ray on or any HD signal that gives you 720P/1080P and it is faultless. Obviously the higher res the better.

It was £950 inc two sets of glasses and a 3d player. The player was surprisingly good too.

3D is a laugh. It makes images deeper more than leapy outy but that happens too. Not as good as cinema obviously but pretty damn good.

Couple it to a decent home cinema system and you will never go to the pictures again... the savings on popcorn and coke alone will pay for the TV :#1:

The LED is far superior to LCD and Plasma, not only in picture quality but also longevity.

LED and LCD are the same, the led part only refers to the type of backlight used to light the screen, typically Led or flourescent ;) Plasma's vary wildly in quality. A top end plasma beats any lcd or led any day and shows more colours and produce's better blacks and is much better for viewing fast moving pictures like sport for example.

But i must admit i do like the slimness of an led. B)

Yes they are essentially the same, but I prefer the LED over LCD. I ran my old LCD next to my new one and the picture difference was immediately clear. As for Plasma, yes the high end ones are very good, but for my budget at the time the LED was a clear winner for price and picture quality :#1:

Choosing a TV is a very personal thing, Something that looks good to me may not look the best to others. You have to go and look at them, and make sure you visit multiple shops to view the same TV as the lighting is different in each one.

3D tv was the biggest waste of 2k for me ever, it rarely gets used as 3D, came with only one set of shutter glasses which are £70 per pair as there brand specific. And the 3D isn't amazing. If you use it for stuff like xbox or ps3 ect it just gets frustrating. On the plus side certain brands, like the samsung I have, come with a built in 2D to 3D converter so you can watch normal tv in 3D if you wish but it's not amazing. I'd hold off from a 3D tv for a few years until they perfect the tech to be something like the nintendo 3DS which doesn't require glasses.

All in all not worth the money at the moment, if your going to spend big on a tv go oled but LCD would be my recommendation

Go into any large retailer i.e. Comet etc and look at some side by side, Plasma may be technically better but who wants a fat old looking thing that generates enough heat to keep an old people's home going all winter!

I got a Samsung LED just after Christmas, super slim, amazing picture going from an LCD and the model with 3D was twice the price for the same size, for a gimmick that you need to spend more money on to fund glasses and sit there looking a tit (some of us don't need any help there. ) Yes it's great to go and see a 3d film at the cinema but that's it for me thanks.

Currently doing some research into large format TV for the living room - I was hoping to get a 60-65 LED, as they are pretty lightweight for their size, and hanging on the wall would be easier. However my preferred choice of Samsung LEDTV only goes to 55". 60 or larger and it appears that Panasonic plasma have the best reputation for picture quality - but they seem incredibly weighty for hanging on a wall.

Whether its 3d or not does not bother me that much, more than a quality picture.

I shall be re-measuring to see if a 55" is appropriate for the area, if so then a Samsung it will be for me from what Ive sen in person. If not then probably a panny plasma - unles anyone knows of anything more suitable? will read this thread with interest :thumbs:

I got this: Samsung PS50C7000 with these glasses: SSG-2100AB and I'm very happy with the quality of both 1080p and 3D movies.

For media center I use Acer Revo 3700 which is on sale at the moment on ebuyer, but I have replaced the HDD with Crucial 64GB SSD and added another 2GB ram. For remote control I use Emprex 3009URF Windows Media Center Remote Control.

Software wise I use Windows 7 with XBMC. Storage wise I use few WD 2TB USB external drives full of 3D and 1080p + DTS 5.1 movies :teeth:

Works perfect for me :snack:

Do not Purchase any tele yet if you can hold on for a little while longer TV's will crash in price due to the release of the smart tv which you can see just coming out now , once it grabs hold and they make the next generation TV's (smart tv's) older generations including full LED TV's will be reduced in price ( which your starting to see now)

Av have been doing quite abit research in to these as I am looking to buy one for my first house,

Without next generation internet (infinity/cable etc) then true smart tv's will be all but useless to most homes in the UK imho. They will still use the current lcd/plasma/led lit technology for now too.

Next stage in terms of picture technology I believe will be super high res and also greater on board recording for TV's