MPG question

323ian

Hi everyone,

Not a 350 owner but thinking of becoming one.

Could i get some honest feedback of what kind of MPG figures people are getting with their 350's?

Probably looking for people with cars with filters and exhausts?

Honest real world figures please.

Just for your info, today I did a 200 mile round trip probably 190 of those on the motorway, I got 27.8mpg using cruise control at about 75mph most of the time, I did give it a bootful on some national speed limit roads and had a bit of fun though. Usually in town I get about 22mpg.

They are not as bad as you would first expect then.

High 20's MPG seems to be good for a 3.5ltr sports car.

Yeah, I'm getting pretty good overall MPG, just under 27, compares well to the 29.7 I was getting from my Celica T-Sport.

Pete

I gave up looking at my mpg gauge. It's too depressing. I just enjoy the car. It was only yesterday I put £85 on the tank, the felling was, that won't last long. Oh well may as well enjoy it :drive1

Looks like I better return my car the rightfull owner then :lol:

Must be that Lead Diving boot you wear on your right foot :lol:

Seriously though on a decent long drive it is ok, its all the short trips and stop start driving, for example my Missus used the Zed for her commute from Kent to Wandsworth in rush hour and she got 18mpg :scare: She said it was so nice but when I told her she has used 2 GALLONS of fuel each way she said maybe I will use the Leon tomorrow :lol:

I managed 30.1 on the way down to japfest yesterday until sat in traffic then it just started going down and down, then from japfest to bath i managed to get down to 26 then way home was back up to 27.2 so in the end the average for the day was 27.2 and the way home wasnt exactly slow driving as all the roads were empty which was nice. was using cruise control though.