DIY or Dealer?

Wafudude

Hi All!

Having just picked up my new 350z (first time owner) I have noticed that not only does it not have a Bluetooth adapter but is also missing the cradle in the cubby. The car is not an import and is a 53 plate with the GT pack (heated electric seats, cruise control, Bose etc). Is the fit of this equip an easy DIY or does ir really need to go to the dealer? I have no real wiring experience etc.

Have I mentioned yet that I have not been able to sleep since buying the car 3 days ago. When does the adrenalin rush stop?????? :yahoo:

Welcome!

If you need / want Bluetooth and don't have the cradle then your best bet it to replace the head unit with one that has BT built in, I expect retrofitting the factory one is difficult and it isn't the best anyway. Have a look in the I.C.E section it isn't that daunting.

:welcome:

There are picstures on here of exactly what you need. Have a search about the forum for the threads, if you're struggling post up again and I'm sure we can help find it.

I doubt BT would be completely missing so have a look and a search about in the car under the cubby. You might well find connectors there! Then you can source the crade and module from here. :thumbs:

Welcome :thumbs:

With regards to your phone, just wanted to double check you had the buttons on the steering wheel for the phone. Does it look like someone has removed the existing connections/ cadle in the cubby or does it look like there has never been one there? I know these may seem stupid questions but you never know what the previous owners have done :thumbs: Some early cars did have some strange variations.

Have to agree with previous comments it may be best to get a new head unit with BT built in by the time you buy all the bits.

Glad you are enjoying the car :)

Wow! Thanks for the replies. I have done as suggested and done some routing around both the forum and my new mid-life crisis (wife's words, not mine) and discovered loads. Yes, the connectors are exactly where mentioned under the cubby. Yes, I have a controller under the glove box hidden floor. And yes, I have the steering controls..... All good so far!

Now the bad bit. Nissan want £177 + VAT for the cradle ?!?! But only £82 + VAT for the BT module. Not quite sure how they figure that out.

So, where am I going to go? I have contacted a couple of people on the forum who may be able to supply the cradle at a sensible price. Failing that I will plum for a replacement HU (probably sound advice from knowledgeable forum members... Thanks!). Which one?... Probably the Parrot i8400 I think. Anyone got any experience of this unit?

Cheers everyone!!!

:clap: