Castle Combe 5th May - Usual off road action!

Great day yesterday. Weather fine and some new mods to try out. :thumbs:

4 sessions in the morning and open-pit in the afternoon so rinsed £100 of fuel at 8 m.p.g.

Nice and quiet and some Boxsters, Ferraris, turbo Volvos and the usual go-karts (Westfields, Caterhams. I never know)

New mods are Goodyear Eagles to replace Falken 452 and resonated de-cats.

The tyres are MUCH better and the de-cats passed the db test so no probs.

My previous best was an approx 1:28 and I did two laps of 1:26:3 this time so very pleased. The second 1:26:3 later in the day was with 13 stone of PIMM and a full tank so I'm claiming a 1:25 in reality. :lol:

Video below shows a 1:27:2 (starting at 7:47:41) and a 1:26:3 (starting at 7:50:37)

It also shows why you shouldn't chase a race Mini through the corners with a 1.5 tonne GT car. :blush::lol::scare::byebye:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLeotYbXBxI

good vid. Didnt know your car was tiptronic. Are you coasting through the corners? It looks like where you spin off was because you werent putting any power down?

I would find it very hard to use the tiptronic on track as i like my gearbox getting used to slow me down aswell. I would lose alot of control over the gearchanging with tiptronic as i wouldnt remember which gear i was in.

good vid. Didnt know your car was tiptronic. Are you coasting through the corners? It looks like where you spin off was because you werent putting any power down?

I would find it very hard to use the tiptronic on track as i like my gearbox getting used to slow me down aswell. I would lose alot of control over the gearchanging with tiptronic as i wouldnt remember which gear i was in.

It's only a £10 camera strapped to the tow-hook so engine noise is sometimes lost.

I don't think I was coasting. :lol::lol:

Hopefully PIMM will be along to confirm my "hammer down" approach to the track. He was a bit speechless after the first session out. :scare:

Gears?? Only use 2nd for about 2 seconds a lap (out of both chicanes) and then it's 3rd or 4th. At the end of the straight the limiter comes in at an indicated 120mph 50 yards before the braking cone. Reckon it costs me 0.5 seconds a lap TBH.

Will be interesting to see what the Up-Rev with Abbey (booked) will do to the time. Hoping for 1:24 ish. :thumbs:

Trailing the brakes?

What does that mean? New one on me. :thumbs:

No. Just too quick on cold tyres with traction off and throttle controller on SP3. Heady mix TBH. :lol:

Must be all that yankee saturated fat dulling your reactions :lol:

Trailing the brakes?

What does that mean? New one on me. :thumbs:

No. Just too quick on cold tyres with traction off and throttle controller on SP3. Heady mix TBH. :lol:

Must be all that yankee saturated fat dulling your reactions :lol:

:thumbs: Too true. Surprisingly still 15 stone, same weight as when I left 3 weeks ago. Maybe it's "slow-burn" fat and it'll appear all at once one terrible morning............

TBH I've never said I was any good on the track. Just havin' fun. I'm sure proper track boys would do it a whole lot quicker.

It is only an £8k 260bhp ish auto Jap import, driven by a 47 year-old estate agent after all. :D

Faster than Johnny Herbert anyway.............. :lol::lol:

The uprev will totally transform the car. It will feel so much different :thumbs:

Was it your car I seen on youtube with the k1 video with the girl speaking at the start saying go ?

If it was then it was the video that sealed the deal on me buying a k1 :lol:

The uprev will totally transform the car. It will feel so much different :thumbs:

Was it your car I seen on youtube with the k1 video with the girl speaking at the start saying go ?

Yep.

It also sealed the deal on my (permanent for life it seems) tinnitus. :surrender:

Be careful my friend. :thumbs:

Fuji Blueflame much more forgiving. Less Motorhead, more Aerosmith. :bangin:

Yep.

It also sealed the deal on my (permanent for life it seems) tinnitus. :surrender:

hahaha i sold it within a month. Couldnt stand the vibration in the car and was far too loud for track :lol:

Got a scorpion now with decats etc. Scorpion is discolouring at the tips due to the heat though. Time to send it back underwarranty i think :lol:

Yep.

hahaha i sold it within a month. Couldnt stand the vibration in the car and was far too loud for track :lol:

Got a scorpion now with decats etc. Scorpion is discolouring at the tips due to the heat though. Time to send it back underwarranty i think :lol:

Well done. Blueflame with high-flow cats similar to Scorpion sound. Bit raspy but heh, nothing's perfect.

Found a piccie of me "coasting" at CC you cheeky monkey......... :p

cctd280410%20174.jpg

Yep.

Well done. Blueflame with high-flow cats similar to Scorpion sound. Bit raspy but heh, nothing's perfect.

Found a piccie of me "coasting" at CC you cheeky monkey......... :p

cctd280410%20174.jpg

very nice mate. The sunset really suits the dark wheels :thumbs: Are you still running stock suspension? I need upgraded antiroll bars next, the cars still bodyrolling too much as i'm starting to push harder on track. Getting far too brave these days :lol:

I had a fantastic day :yahoo: . First time for me around a track :dummy: so it took a while to relax into the passenger seat and enjoy the laps.

Very impressed with the zed around the track, amazing how far you can push it and it holds very well.

Captain has really got some good experience under his belt up at the Combe so it will be very interesting to see if the uprev will make a difference to his lap times. I recorded 5 different laps and pretty all much within a couple of seconds but what a difference they make if a clean lap is done.

Looking forward to the next one as I will be there :thumbs:

P1000594.jpg

P1000597.jpg

Yep - stock suspension except for Eibach Pro anti-roll bar. Think it helps a little.

Can't really drop it as with an ET12 rim, it would need arch work and I can't be arsed with it.

yep the roll bar's make the biggest difference i think. Allows all the suspension to work together. That will be the next addition i reckon.