Only had it 4 days and im off to rs tuning

Adam rs

Got my new car booked in at rs tuning in Leeds today.

Its not 20 miles from me, so they are my obvious choice.

Having a full milltek system from the cats back fitted at the same time before mapping.

Its booked in for the 17th thanks to a cancellation.

Read good things on here about them and they seemed very knowledgable over the phone.

Im keeping the standard airbox and filter as there is nothing wrong with these.

Hope it goes well with the uprev mapping,not after silly power but removing the limiters and a better fuel map should maybe see a bit more than i have now.

I will ask him to do a run with the standard exhaust if he has time as a comparison with the milltek.

Enjoy, you will love it, made my car so much more drivable, power all the way through the gears. Im sure my miltek sounded better afterwards too :teeth:

If you are having the up rev I would definitely recommend a panel filter and plenum spacer too, they normally go together well for a standard up rev.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I did mention to him that i would be keeping my cats.He said that was fine.

I also said i would fit a plenum spacer before i go,Having second thoughts about this one,is it worth the money and where can i get one in this country?

I'm sure more than one of the traders on this forum can sort you out at short notice for parts.

Have fun, not something I have plans to do this year as I don't want to see my insurance premium sky rocket, but someday maybe... :lol:

I'm sure more than one of the traders on this forum can sort you out at short notice for parts.

Have fun, not something I have plans to do this year as I don't want to see my insurance premium sky rocket, but someday maybe... :lol:

Funny you mention that, I expected the same but moved from direct line who couldn't support the mods to sky insurance all fully covered and declared and my premium actually went down by £60 :teeth:

Managed to get a plenum spacer from horsham.As an added bonus he let me have it at the recent group buy price.

It arrived next day (Friday),so i thought while the weather was good i would fit it after work.

Not too bad really took about 1 1/2 hours to do on my own.

Not been far with it fitted but didnt expect to feel anything different as this is the only mod i have at the moment.

I will say though it does feel a bit sluggish but its maybe in my head!

Looking forward to my milltek system and uprev on the 17th.

Anyone any reccomendation with regards to panel filters,I was getting the cosworth one from horsham but he hasnt any at the minute.

No leaks,My girlfriend has been out in it and seems to think it is a little quicker.

Definately a bit gruntier in the way it sounds.

Need to order my panel filter now.Think im going HKS from sumo power.

Just to whet your appetite:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=41189&p=610079#p610079

:teeth:

Sadly my old 2003 Zed is now sold (not sure if the buyer is on here?). The new HR engine car is even quicker than my old DE one was after the remap...and i thought that was quick! The lads at RS know what they are doing - the results of the UpRev are excellent with supporting mods, which it sounds like you will also have B)

Would have had that but got one coming from sumo power tomorrow.

Thanks for the offers people.

This forum seems alot more friendly and forthcoming than some others i've been a member of in the past.

Looking forward to the future with my new car.

Hks filter arrived today.Old standard filter looked very dirty considering the service history shows 2 services in the last 3000 miles.

Anyway its in the bin now,2 mods in my 1st week,thats it for now.Cant wait for tuesday :D

Spending some money.......I thoght the cossie was expensive :scare:

£11000 car

£150 plenum spacer

£40 filter

£800 exhaust

£70 fitting

£470 uprev

£110 fuel so far (380 miles)

£12640

Not too bad really considering i was looking at tatty 25 year old porsches for more money.

Started to stretch its legs a bit now,seems to start pulling hard at around 4k,set the shift light at 6400 rpm as i hit the limiter twice in third,Im finding this setting gives me enough notice to change up.

set the shift light at 6400 rpm as i hit the limiter twice in third,Im finding this setting gives me enough notice to change up.

:drive1 you should have your eyes on the road not the dash :lol: , you should be changing at your max torque level not limiter. Max torque is usually between 5000rpm and 6000rpm.

Dont want to change at the limiter,It sickens me every time i do it,the rev counter is deceiving and in my opinion should have 1000rpm less on it.Ive kept away from it now i know whats what.

The car seems quicker now im being a bit braver,my girlfriend said i was driving miss daisy the first few days.

Dont want to change at the limiter,It sickens me every time i do it,the rev counter is deceiving and in my opinion should have 1000rpm less on it.Ive kept away from it now i know whats what.

The car seems quicker now im being a bit braver,my girlfriend said i was driving miss daisy the first few days.

be careful as you may become a statistic like other new owners. People get brave too quickly and it bites.

You should be changing around 5.5rpm for best torque. When are you heading to rs tuning. The boys down there mapped my car also. Nice guys and know theyre stuff.

Been round a tree in my 1st cossie,wont do that again,tried the old skandinavian flick at 100mph and couldnt catch it when it snapped back.Lucky to be here.

Ive learned my lesson and managed to keep the next one (400hp rwd) in one piece for 3 years.

The 350 is very manageable in comparison.

The biggest difference is that in the sierra you know you're doing 150,in the z you dont.

the zeds very heavy which is a problem. Mines is going on a diet after the summer. Cant wait. My cousin has a sierra xr4x4 with a nissan 300zx tt engine in it. Last i heard it was running 800bhp

Ive noticed weight saving seems to be overlooked with these cars,My vts weighs 800kgs and only has 160bhp but i bet its quicker round any track than my z.

I had a c2 vts, what did you do to is to get 160 out of it? I spent thousands and only pushed 140. my saxo vtr was pushing 165 but it had serious money in it and destroy 3 gearboxes in 6months.

My mini cooper s works was quite heavy but was very quick, much faster than my vtr and cooper s jcw. Once you learn how to drive the zed its very fast. You need to learn to utilize the weight. Up at knockhill there is a couple of clio cups etc and theyre pretty fast but on the straights the zed comes to life and destroys them.

Ive noticed weight saving seems to be overlooked with these cars,My vts weighs 800kgs and only has 160bhp but i bet its quicker round any track than my z.

I had a c2 vts, what did you do to is to get 160 out of it? I spent thousands and only pushed 140. my saxo vtr was pushing 165 but it had serious money in it and destroy 3 gearboxes in 6months.

My mini cooper s works was quite heavy but was very quick, much faster than my vtr and cooper s jcw. Once you learn how to drive the zed its very fast. You need to learn to utilize the weight. Up at knockhill there is a couple of clio cups etc and theyre pretty fast but on the straights the zed comes to life and destroys them.

what did you do to destroy 3 gearboxes? Those gearboxs arent that bad. a decat, exhuast, induction kit, manifolds and cam will get you about that much bhp :lol: .