Popped my Clay cherry - with pics

drivebyabuser

Had the afternoon off after a wedding I went to in the morning :yawn:

So i decided to clean the car properly. I'm a zed newbie and this is the first time I have had a car that I wanted to actually spend some time cleaning. While I know a lot of you folks do it the whole time i was quite pleased with my efforts (although as soon as it was all finished i saw loads of stuff i could do better)

I used the muc-off kit that a mate of mine got cheap for me. With Muc-off Uber Shine, Muc-off Wheel cleaner and Muc-off split second detailing wax. Came with brush wash mit and micofibre cloth too

After washing used Meguiar's quik clay on it and although only a small bar was impressed with the results. (I cant help rubbing my hands over it like some kind of perv :huglove: )

After a bit of work on some of the scratches and a going over with my electric car polisher; then used the muc off wax and finally with some carplan nano that i had never used.

Never seen the zed look as good and i am afraid that many more afternoons will be spent outside the house with the house.... Its very addictive this detailing lark i can see why people get hooked on it.

Mrs drivebyabuser was very scornful when i started but despite all the bleating and moaning that i was a sad looser :wacko: she couldnt help being impressed.

Came out this morning and it was covered in tree sap and pollen :shrug: but still looks great.

I like the muc-off stuff too - cant see it has much of a following but its good value and i thought it did a good job. It also smells of coconut :thumbs:

Now i am after some snow foam and a good quality polish...and another free afternoon when the weathers just right!

IMG_2055.JPG

IMG_2056.JPG

IMG_2058.JPG

IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2061.jpg