rays alloys

350 Russ

I had the same thought russ as I loved the 370 wheels. Asked at the local Nissan dealer out of interest and nearly had to be carried out after I fainted. I believe just the alloys were well over 1k per corner....they are nice but not that nice.

I had the same thought russ as I loved the 370 wheels. Asked at the local Nissan dealer out of interest and nearly had to be carried out after I fainted. I believe just the alloys were well over 1k per corner....they are nice but not that nice.

how much!!! :scare:

No question they fit a 350 but the offsets are quite different and I suspect you would need to play around with spacers.

Although they might look good, if you don't get the set up right they could ruin the handling. :shrug:

If anything the 370z sizes will improve handling Col - they are wider than the OEM rays on the 350z, more like the sizes of the Nismos. Definately needs spacers though.

They do look quite good

IMG_0036.jpg?t=1290670794

IMG_0035.jpg?t=1290670755

slmdchvy05-albums-my-04z-picture35414-three-weeks-later.jpg

Because they are wider does not mean it will improve the handling though. The standard set-up of the 350 is what makes the ZED such a great drivers car and if you go wider the balance on the throttle will be affected - they might make the car stick more in the bends but when it does start to let go it is likely to be more sudden than progressive.

Although I use spacers on the 370 that is purely for looks and if it was solely about handling I would not have them on. Just my 2-pennies worth :surrender:

True Colin, my point was more that they are close to the 350z Nismo wheels so should make for pretty tidy handling. I ran rims almost as wide as the 370z Rays on my 350z and it made the handling much better. When I went back to the OEM Rays it felt very skittish. Or did you find the Nismo's on your 350z deadened the handling a bit?

True Colin, my point was more that they are close to the 350z Nismo wheels so should make for pretty tidy handling. I ran rims almost as wide as the 370z Rays on my 350z and it made the handling much better. When I went back to the OEM Rays it felt very skittish. Or did you find the Nismo's on your 350z deadened the handling a bit?

My nismo's feel great on track and as good as the 18" rays. Tyres are too expensive which is the only downfall. You don't need tyres that wide on track. 18's are perfect width. If alex can put over 600hp through them then a standard zed will have no issues. Like any wheel/tyre combo they don't come to life until you have warmed the tyres upto temperature.

To be fair I found the 19" nismos with the 452 falkens a cracking combo in the handling department and of course they look so good hence the price they command s/h. They came from Big Phil who we all had great respect for and the tyre profiles he advised certainly worked well. They were in a different league of course to the 040 Stones that I had on the Rays - really no comparison.