Jade-R - Do I go for 18"s, 19"s or ... 20"s!?

craigmdennis

Hey guys,

Been a little while since I was on here but am very close to finally getting my ZED! :yahoo:

I am not a fan of the standard GT4 wheels and have fallen in love with the Jade-R's. I am looking at the moment for prices and understand I will need a special fitment pack as the GT4 has the Brembo breaks.

So here's the question.

Do I go for 18"s (I think too small)

Do I go for 19"s (My 'safe' choice)

or... do I go for 20"s?

While I would love to go for the 20"s I am concerned about rubbing on the arches, cornering & speed bumps etc.

What's the general consensus? Anyone here with 20"s or 19"s?

PS. Anyone recommend any good rubber for them? I know bugger-all about tyres.

I personally think 19" look best. For some reason, 20"s look a little bit too big for the car. Just my opinion though. Saying that, I love ATTAK Z's old konig afterburners in 20" but they were mainly black so didn't look too massive.

As for tyres, it all depends on your budget. It's a big jump from 19" to 20" in terms of cost, whereas 19" tyres aren't too different from 18". Most people here run Falken FK452s or Bridgestone Potenza RE050s. The best tyre if you have the money is the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 though. That's pretty much all I'm going to say. If you talk too much about tyres on here someone usually kicks off and it ends in an epic battle between docwra and Ekona. Nobody likes it when that happens, but it does make for quite a good read. :disguise:

Thanks for the infos. Don't want to start a war :boxing:

I saw a blue import with the full Nismo kit on with the 20" on and looked amazing if a little tight. (the car itself was poorly cared for so turned it down)

I've been looking at prices now for 19"s. So far best is £729 + £90 for special fitting kit + £30 for delivery ... without tyres.

Anyone on the forum deal in this kinda of thing? What's a good price?

Id go for 19's, definitely prefer them to 18's on my car. Dont like the wheels much personally but you cant argue with the price I suppose, ID still be seeing what Rarerims can do for me though ;)

Im saying nothing whatsoever about tyres ;):D

Id go for 19's, definitely prefer them to 18's on my car. Dont like the wheels much personally but you cant argue with the price I suppose, ID still be seeing what Rarerims can do for me though ;)

You aren't? :lol::lol: I thought it was hella stretch and remoulds for yourself? :lol:

You aren't? :lol::lol: I thought it was hella stretch and remoulds for yourself? :lol:

Worn to the wires with smoke pouring from them for me blue ;)

Does anyone else have any pictures of these on a z? I suspect the ones on the picture of the skyline are 20s..

Cheers,

I think these are 19s

Untitled-1.png

Was expecting them to fill out the arches more tbh!

Anyone else have any pictures?