Quick hello...

rogerxp

Copied from the 'introducations' section in case you guys don't pop over there much but thought I'd say hello directly to you 370Z guys...

Greetings all.

I've just taken delivery of my 3rd Z-car. I've had a 350Z GT Coupe (05 plate), a 350Z GT Roadster (08 plate) and now just bagged a 370Z GT Roadster (60 plate).

Got an amazing deal on it so couldn't say no. I was trying to be sensible and was hunting a facelifted 350Z GT Roadster but got swayed by this beast.

Was delivered to me last week and loving every minute of it (bar the quiet exhaust note which I'd like to address once the bank balance has suitable recovered).

Anyway, here are a couple of piccies...

...so what can I say, well, it's a massive improvement over the 350Z's I've had before in both quality and power. The extra 'tech' in the 370Z is a welcome improvement (no tape player :lol: ) so loving the proper ipod intergration, etc. I can take or leave the keyless entry mainly because my keys are usually in my hand anyway so sticking them in a hole kind of puts them out of the way (as opposed to bulging out of your pocket) but I guess I'll get used to that.

My only gripes so far are the quiet exhaust which I'd love to address but my bank balance has just been pounded so might keep my eyes pealed for a used one (which I guess are as rare as hens teeth).

Also, the position of the rear-view mirrors, make it extremely hard to see what's coming from the right at a junction or roundabout - I'm having to crane my neck around it or peer over it sometimes - maybe my seating position is wrong (or I'm just a short-arse ;) ).

Apart from that I'm chuffed as punch.

One quickie - I want a cargo net for the rear - is is the same dimensions as a 350Z Roadster??? I can't find my old one but remember buying a peugeot one previously (I think) which fitted a treat and was much cheaper. What have you guys done, if anything??

Well that certainly suits my current budget much better :D . Your white Roadster looks awesome mate, seriously tempted by a white one myself, but chickened out and went more 'main-stream' ;) .

Need to do some more research on the options available which I'm sure will throw out more questions in time.

Glad you pleased with your purchase but the 370's do need a decent exhaust to make you feel you do have a sports car :lol:

The rear view mirrors are a tad on the large size but I have the opposite issue at 6' 2" in that I find the view rearwards from the cabin mirror restricted by the top of the black surround on/in the rear window. Nice view of following headlights but whats on the roof of something following is obscured unless I duck down :doh:

...One quickie - I want a cargo net for the rear - is is the same dimensions as a 350Z Roadster??? I can't find my old one but remember buying a peugeot one previously (I think) which fitted a treat and was much cheaper. What have you guys done, if anything??

As regards the net the 370 is twice the size of that for the 350 and uses two straps to fit over the brace bar behind the seats as well as using the 4 clips in the boot area. Nissan want about £84 for a net but you can pick them up cheaper - could try :pmzmanalex: :pmr35lee: That's how I got mine ;)

In the interim might as well use the net you have if its fits :shrug:

WRT the rear view - I feel for you Colin - I'm 8 inches shorter than you and struggle to get decent view out the rear, the roof even blocks my view :surrender:

For the cargo net, I took my old 350z one and adjusted the bungee cord to be shorter. Size wise its not much smaller than the 350z boot, but you will have to shorten the cord if you have an old net :thumbs:

Thanks for the responses guys.

I'll try to dig out my old net but really can't think where it might be. Think I'll end up contacting those chaps you mention (is the Roadster one any different to the Coupe :shrug: ).

As for the exhaust, I'll see how I go on, very nervous about making a change and it ending up being too noisey. Is there a rule of thumb on quietest to loudest - I just want a little more noise/bark but nothing to MaxPower ;) ...

...does it go -: stock, blue flame, stillen and then Akrapovic or isn't it that simple (think I know the answer to that!!!).

I know someone with an Akrapovic exhaust on a GTR and the price of that was eye-watering :wacko: .

Welcome to the forum roger :thumbs: Told you you will like this forum..people are much nicer here than the E90post forum :boxing: That's why i'm still here even though i sold my 350Z 6 months ago. Still couldn't convinced the new owner to join up even though he sent me some new pics of what he had done to my "ex" so far.

...does it go -: stock, blue flame, stillen and then Akrapovic or isn't it that simple (think I know the answer to that!!!).

I know someone with an Akrapovic exhaust on a GTR and the price of that was eye-watering :wacko: .

I don't think it is that simple, while the stock would be bottom of the "sound" list, I'm sure there'd be a mix on the others. What you're paying for on the Akro is a true duel exhaust, no Y pipe, on the Evolution set up, vid here http://www.akrapovic.com/car-exhaust/pr ... e0a8ca8ad/,

What you get is a very nice noise under "load", no drone at cruise and is actually quite subtle. The way I've got it set up now, with the Berks, then I can make it sing at anytime, well that's my prognosis. I haven't heard that many and to be fair, the ones I have heard were all on 350's.

You're right though about price, but there are deals to be done out there (I was originally looking at a Borla system, worth checking out), also I'm thinking ahead a bit, with the UpRev in mind, I believe with my current set up, it'll see the best gains, without, but possibly with, forced induction. I'm no technical expert but I'd be surprised if Abbey or the likes couldn't squeeze a fairly big rise in power.

What doesn't help with the Akro is the price of the tips :scare:

My next mod, if I can stop the cosmetic distraction, will be on the suspension, nothing more than a simple set of Eibachs, the stock set up is a bit too "loose" if you get what I mean, good and capable, but just a tad American, if that makes sense.

Good luck with your choice, I'm sure it'll be lovely sounding :thumbs: