Is anyone else heading the the rigs tomorrow?

P19DRO

I'm on the Arctic III (Drill Rig) , 3 weeks on 3 off and know your pain!

I hate the day before I leave, "have I done everything I need to do? Payed the bills? forgot any birthdays? etc.....

Still it pays for the Zed eh? ;)

I'm happy sitting in my office looking after production these days. It's warmer than offshore and I get home every day! :)

Warm in Aberdeen? :surrender::bangin:

:p

Warm or cold in my office. The climate control is rather good! :teeth:

Any of you guys know anyone who works on a rig near Brazil?

A scottish lad (early 20's) bought my previous zed last May, and he said he spends the majority of his time on a rig of the coast of Brazil... i told him to join the forum but he never did... and i cant remember his name. :doh:

Any of you guys know anyone who works on a rig near Brazil?

A scottish lad (early 20's) bought my previous zed last May, and he said he spends the majority of his time on a rig of the coast of Brazil... i told him to join the forum but he never did... and i cant remember his name. :doh:

I know a number of people working off Brazil. Turned down a job there myself last year. Don't know anyone with a Zed that works there.

There are a LOT of rigs down that way though.

i suppose there are worse modes of transport

Choppers are horrible. Cramped, smelly, hot, noisy and damned uncomfortable. Especially with three layers a survival suit and an airpocket on!

At least you don't use a personnel carrier for boat to rig transfer..... They are hairy!

At least an S92 is a bit more comfortable than a Puma!

We get a tiger out here sometimes, I think thats the old shitty version of the Puma. Its pretty poor although the door doesn't look as if its about to shake itself off the hinges like the S92's.

Thankfully our cranes dont have the dual brake systems so we cant use the billy pews

my mate used to be in the TA and hated going by what he reffered to as heli-bedfords :lol:

wooden bench in the back of a bedford lorry, lots of blokes no loo stops long drives, i learnt never to travel behind them as he said they used to just lift the curtain and pee out the back :wacko:

I'd hate to be on one of the standby vessels, you see them bouncing around a fair bit.

I can gaurentee you, it's worse than it looks too! :yuck:

The newer designed boats with the "x-bow" ride alot better, but there is still not enough money in the world to make me go back to stand-by/supply.