Crower stage 2 cams

Androo

hi there guys,

Have been looking around at the different options that are around for me to start putting on some power with the 350z, dependent on the cash flow that comes in over the next few months

One option if money is tight is to look into the crower stage 2 cams - has anyone on here had these (NA) - if so, what power gains did you get out of these?

At the moment i have a CAI on the car, and a true dual exhaust - with the cams i would be looking at installing an upper spacer along with a remap so get it all together.

With the cost of fitting the cams being quite labour intensive, im obviously curios to see what the stage 2's can give.

so come on guys... let me know what you got!

I'm sure cams don't do much unless your engine is heavily modified.

+1 I have heard this as well, maybe give the guys at Abbey Motorsport a shout as they are very clued up on this as I suspect you will find your money will be better spent elsewhere.

depends on the profile of the cam. Stage 2 is about as far as you can go on standard management usually.

you'll see some extra power, but the biggest impact will be on the way the car delivers power through the range.

You'd need the remap with fitting otherwise you'll have all sorts of fun with bad idling

epends on the profile of the cam. Stage 2 is about as far as you can go on standard management usually.

you'll see some extra power, but the biggest impact will be on the way the car delivers power through the range.

You'd need the remap with fitting otherwise you'll have all sorts of fun with bad idling

I have seen some dyno graphs of cars fitted with cams , the rev up ca rwill give some good gains fitted with cams but your need a good set of headers to go with it and your need to rev the car hard. I my opinon as fitting cams is a expensive job they dont give a good enought gain to be worth while.

But if you have the motor out for a rebuild build it with higher compression, fit some cams and the car will give good gains with supporting other mods and a good map.

So Mark if i was to ignore the labour costs what sort of gains will i expect on a rev up with intake mods, headers and exhaust paired up to stage 2 cams and a tune?

I have been looking at this over the pond and most guys with cams have lots of other work done or FI so its hard to interprete :wacko:

This is the problem I've had also, I can't find any gains from the cams alone. I've just sold my second car which had a turbo conversion, and its just not my thing. I'm very tempted with the stroker kit, but again, can't seem km find info on gains from the kit without fi added to it.

On a previous car I went all out na, and although the cams were only mild, I loved the idlesplutter, even though the gains weren't that great.

Think on the US sites when I looked, when someone posts up asking what power gains theyll get, everyone says not much, and they don't seem to bother. When you look at all the effort and work and mods Adam (z1auto) put in to get 300whp, can't imagine there'd be much point in just headers and cams when for 5k you could supercharge and get more. I know you said you don't want that, and FI and NA can't really be compared, but guess that's why people don't do just cams. Would love to know though, so make sure you post results if you go that way :)

True. But then you can double that figure in labour and all the other supporting bits you'll need, heck I'd be amazed if it was under treble....

I guess it'll be about 15bhp, which is what, near 5%, which given the cost I can see why people wouldn't.

I am tempted, but at the cost looking at around 1.5-2k for the cams fitted and tuned, I'm hoping mark can whip up some graphs for us to see (wink wink)

The last cams I had only really added power from 5k up, about 15 or so, which wasn't bad for a little 2.0, but sounded great.

I am tempted, but at the cost looking at around 1.5-2k for the cams fitted and tuned, I'm hoping mark can whip up some graphs for us to see (wink wink)

The last cams I had only really added power from 5k up, about 15 or so, which wasn't bad for a little 2.0, but sounded great.

what was your last car?

what was your last car?

shamefully, a Hyundai Coupe lol. i had the first Gen F2 Evo (that had the cams tb inlet manifold, fast cat headers etc etc etc) pretty much all you can shake a stick at, then had the 2.7 v6 which was decatted up to 200bhp, then got the nissan, then got another Hyundai coupe (2nd car) the 2nd gen ugly one with a turbo conversion which ive just sold

I had catcams make them up from scratch, they had to have a cylinder head etc and i just gave them the specs for lift & duration and away you go!

Chasing NA power on a Zed is an expensive waste of time IMHO when you have such good options with SC and turbo kits available for the Zed. Sure a 330BHP NA Zed will be nice to drive but for the money you'd have a 420BHP SC Zed with a much larger increase in torque to boot.

Buy Ians's HKS SC kit and save yourself the money chasing NA power.

Chasing NA power on a Zed is an expensive waste of time IMHO when you have such good options with SC and turbo kits available for the Zed. Sure a 330BHP NA Zed will be nice to drive but for the money you'd have a 420BHP SC Zed with a much larger increase in torque to boot.

Buy Ians's HKS SC kit and save yourself the money chasing NA power.

I disagree, If its power you want yes go for it but if you want a nice thrash NA rules. I would rather have a 350whp NA zed then a 450whp 'charged zed. This is IMO of course.