New wheels! + Ideas for some colour changes....

djrm

Hi everyone!

Picked up my wheels from Danny (D4XNY) on Sunday and fitted them, I think they have totally transformed my car! So happy!

Now in order to make the black of the wheels fit a bit better, I will be having some bodyparts wrapped in black but I can't decide whether to go Matt Black or Gloss...

So the question is, based on the image at the bottom, do we think:

OPTION A: Matt black roof and front lip / grille

OPTION B: Matt black roof and GLOSS lip / grille

OPTION C: Gloss black roof, lip & grille

I am swaying toward matt black roof and gloss black grille / lip but am unsure whether it will look odd if everything isn't the same?

Opinions please!

Thanks!!!

PHOTOS: (iPhone so not the best Quality)

0e439c98.jpg

956864fd.jpg

d42d151b.jpg

272883cc.jpg

And the Photochop with the roof and lip done as well...

DSCF2540_blackcopy-1.jpg

Thanks!

Ryan B)

my Z has gloss top half, i think if i was keeping the colour/kit and getting wheels, it would be gloss top, lip and grill as the wheels bring it all together nicely :teeth:

but as is in the car world,

personal choice and opinion should win every time as its your pride and joy and your going to live with it ;)

Will

I have seen a few matt black roofs lately and I do think they look good even on a gloss car but I'm really not sure still!

I might go to the wrapping place and get them to lay some samples on the roof for me to see what it will ACTAULLY look like...

Hmmmmmm :dry:

I would say gloss, I think the matt fad as been and gone, when you want your car looking stunning then gloss is the way to go in my opinion - but like a previous poster said, your opinion is what counts.

Or you could just carbon fiber wrap the whole car :lol:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I am thinking gloss on gloss now as well actually after looking through some images on google...

Attak - thanks for posting that photo! Really does look good and the silver centre caps are a great idea as well ;)

Marzman - I already have wayyyyyyy too many canvass of my cars in my house! Lol ;)

just to throw this in there (mostly because i like it :p )

try photoshopping your pic so that the pillars and wing mirrors are gloss to see what you think.. just another angle to make your choice tougher :p

also, if that looks good, gloss black Z burgers may really set it off :p

with this though, the boot gets done aswell.. i think because i have a Nismo rep spoiler that has a gloss base and silver top it makes a Difference..

same again though, this was done before i got her but i love the look

Will

Stew - yes my car is Blade and I think I am going to go for Gloss... ;)

Brown - I will probably do a little photoshop tomorrow from a different angle just to see but I really don't want the pillars done. I am 100% certain that I will be doing only the roof and front lip. I want it to be very subtle and almost look OEM like some new cars these days that have black roofs.

As for the black badges, I'm not too keen on them and I don't want to start messing about heating badges off of my car.. I have done that in the past and messed things up!!! lol

Thanks for the ideas and input thought dude ;)