Im after a shiny exhaust....

Craigb

I want to get a Exhaust for the zed, but i have a few conditions,

Just wondered what people had on here for the different conditions..

I want something nice and subtle only loud when u press the loud pedal lol,

I was thinking of purchasing one of these on ebay, which i could keep the middle silencer so it would keep it abit quieter..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-Z33-350Z-2003-3-5L-TWIN-PIPE-BACK-BOX-EXHAUST-/160431700678?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item255a797ac6#ht_910wt_1024

Or the next option is the Cat back...(which appears to be a small middle silencer)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-INFINTY-G35-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/310236555977?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item483b8a2ac9#ht_740wt_905

Any peeps got any of these? or who knows what system to go for? :bounce:

Cheers in advance

They have some fitment issues apparently mate. Nothing too serious but still will require some modifications.

Scorpion is a good option and Tarmac is a trader for them. Looks good and sounds throaty when you need it but sedate the rest of the time.

I run a K1, I personally love the look of it and the sound of it but only with the bungs in!

Take out the bungs and its like Defcon 5 just way too loud.

Bunged up its 93.7Db at 5K and unbunged its 104.2Db!!!!

I have been considering getting a middle box put in it so I can take the bungs out and then have a really quiet exhaust for long journeys.

I run a K1, I personally love the look of it and the sound of it but only with the bungs in!

I have been considering getting a middle box put in it so I can take the bungs out and then have a really quiet exhaust for long journeys.

Steve, I have just blown a rather large hole in my exhaust pipe, just before the back box where there is a join :thumbdown: Having it welded up today to get me through my up-coming MOT but keen to get a new system and been reading reviews on the K1!

It seems there are many varying view points on this system and its noise potential........coming from an actual owner of this system, would you say it is good for a daily user? I use my Zed and love driving my Zed everyday and I do like from previopus motors to have a lively exhaust tone but is the K1 just that little bit too much?

You mention the DB ratings with and without bungs but how would these compare to the standard OEM exhaust DB?

Any assistance greatly appreciated :teeth:

The k1 is tragically loud for day to day! Everything inside the cab vibrates. I took mine off and sold it within a month.

Ive still got mine on, but its just too loud really for a day to day runner. The whole cabin booms like mad and if you are doing 2000rpm in top and accerate slightly it makes your whole head vibrate and boom. Im someone who is very used to loud exhausts on motorbikes and cars, but this is the first time ive actually ended up getting a headache just from the exhaust boom!

Not tried it with the bungs out. And it might be just cos mines the soft top so you get more noise in the cabin.

If you can cruise at 3000rpm then its not as bad.. but thats nearly 90mph which isnt ideal. The noise when you floor it through the power bands in 2nd & 3rd is amazing tho. Its a shame it wasnt quieter below 5k for cruising, then just loud over that.

I`ll be swapping mine out for a scorpian system later in May when I get some more cash.

The k1 is tragically loud for day to day! Everything inside the cab vibrates. I took mine off and sold it within a month.

+1

The K1 has given me permanent hearing damage which, according to the doctor, will be with me for life. Don't fit it. :thumbdown:

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, I have just blown a rather large hole in my exhaust pipe, just before the back box where there is a join :thumbdown: Having it welded up today to get me through my up-coming MOT but keen to get a new system and been reading reviews on the K1!

It seems there are many varying view points on this system and its noise potential........coming from an actual owner of this system, would you say it is good for a daily user? I use my Zed and love driving my Zed everyday and I do like from previopus motors to have a lively exhaust tone but is the K1 just that little bit too much?

You mention the DB ratings with and without bungs but how would these compare to the standard OEM exhaust DB?

Any assistance greatly appreciated :teeth:

Hi mate sorry for late reply only just seen this.

In my personal opinion the K1 is fine as a day to day with the bungs in. I use mine as the day to day car and have for the last 2 years.

At low revs with the bungs in its failry quiet but significantly louder than the OEM exhaust.

However, put your foot down and it gets failry loud however I like the noise it makes. The tone is perfect in my opinion.

I will howveer agree with everyone else unbunged its way too loud I unbunged mine for two days and then put them back in. All you can hear is exhaust noise it is pretty ridiculous how loud it gets.

You do actually get headache!

Bunged I love it :thumbs: - Unbunged I hate it :thumbdown:

Looks wise love it especially with the bungs out :cloud9: