Random Gadget Show pressure washer test

AK350Z

Soooooo, the "winning" Karcher washer is nearly twice the price of the other two from Bosch and Nilfisk. Massive surprise there then.

Good effort on the part of the Karcher press office for that one I presume! Especially when they do sell washers in the £150-£200 bracket the other two sit in. :thumbdown:

What was the point? :wacko:

Soooooo, the "winning" Karcher washer is nearly twice the price of the other two from Bosch and Nilfisk. Massive surprise there then.

Good effort on the part of the Karcher press office for that one I presume! Especially when they do sell washers in the £150-£200 bracket the other two sit in. :thumbdown:

What was the point? :wacko:

Totally agree. I'm slightly bias as I have a Nilfisk and absolutely love it as it was so much cheaper than the comparitive Karcher. Did anyone notice that he stood abour 20ft away from the cars etc when spraying? Of course the washers arent going to work at that distance, the nozzle are designed to be much closer. The ones that did best did so as they turned the pressure right down so it was coming out like a hose, not at high pressure as it should be. Also the other nozzle for the Nilfisk is for cleaning patios and has way more pressure than the standard nozzle, it will take paint off the car, yet as he held it 5ft from the elephant, funnily enough it had no pressure by then! Its a spinning BB type nozzle which is designed to be at most 6" from the floor! :bang::bangin:

I find that The Gadget Show tend to be pretty bias on their product testing (even though I enjoy the show). I forgot the industry standard test for pressure washers was how far you can scoot rhino crap along the floor though. What a pathetic test. What was most annoying was the lances were all different and were on different settings so obviously some were going to be more "powerful."

I did laugh when watching it and wondered if anyone could actually take it seriously...

I have purchased a couple of pressure washer's over the years. The best one by far, which I still use, is the value one from B&Q. Think it cost me £20 and is brilliant. You do not always have to pay loads of money to get good stuff :thumbs:

Love the Gadget Show but they do not always get things right :bounce:

I've had my Karcher for heck ----- erm ----- 10 years now. Still going strong!! I've only had to purchase a replacement lance about a year ago, apart from that it's been solid.

They say you shouldn't store them outside, due to the frost etc. I've had my unit outside for the last 4 years and it's not bothered it in the slightest. Very robust, works as it should and would for sure by a Karcher again. Oh to note, it is also used pretty much every weekend!

The test on the gadget show was fairly pointless, as mentioned the industry standard squirt the elephant dung across the floor is really no measure for pressure power. If I put my Karcher on the stream jet it would have flung it back up the elephents @rse! So that test was pointless as the Karcher failed, clearly because he had it on the wrong setting. Which would proabably apply to all of the units for each test.

It seems John was given the task of testing jet washers.... he clearly didn't know how to go about it and thought turning into a light hearted test would keep the viewers interested.

Very true, mind you I was cheered up shortly after that clip by Pollyanna's see through blouse... :lol:

Here's a thought. Pollyanna using the pressure washer to clean your car in a see through blouse :thumbs: