Interior Mounted Trackday Camera

Neilp

Has anyone been using any particular camera's or had any experience with any cams?

I'm looking to buy one this week for a trackday on saturday.

Any info or direction would be appreciated

Thanks

Neil

I use a regular camcorder (well, a Sony HD one I pinch off my dad!) and a clamp. I use the ultra clamp from these guys, but you can get whatever suits your needs.

Cheers for the info lads

Dan did you use that mount in the zed? I have one of those hd sanyo xacti flip out cam things would this sort of thing work with that? By looking at the pics I can't really workout where I could mount it in the zed?

Cheers again :thumbs:

Hopefully Neil, I'll be picking some mounts up on Tuesday :thumbs:

My camera hasn't got the screw on it to mount it :bangin: I'll need something to clamp onto it and then sook onto the rear window. I'll be picking up some walkie talkies for the drive mate. Makes it easier to communicate and show up your buddy in his rs500 lol

:lol:My mate's got an RX8 for the drive down, the pwick that I want to annoy has a RS300, plus he's a diabetic, so I'm gonna hide his ginger nuts :lol:

Wee story there, on the way to Le Mans, two years ago, he went so hyperglycemic(sp?, medical term?), that his missus was force feeding him ginger nuts to keep him awake and out the ditches at the side of the road, he's a good lad really, but that'll not stop us beating him to death with a sh1tty stick if he annoys us :boxing::lol:

Dan did you use that mount in the zed?

Yup, I dropped the roof and clamped it to the windscreen frame. You could clamp it to a window, or a headrest pillar, or the rear view mirror, or just about anywhere. The GoProHD is getting some great write-ups too, mate of mine took his snowboarding this year and got some great footage.

Cheers lads! Checked last night and the camera does have the screw mount. So I ordered an amazon effort with suction pad and rubber shock absorbing screw mount. It got good write ups so let's hope it arrives on time. If it lasts one trackday I'll be happy and then when I have more time I will invest in a decent set up.

Cheers

It's at RAF valley in Wales Dan. I'm headin down with George (the g man) it's a charity day for help for heroes.

I'll be looking at a more permanent effort when I get home. I left it to the last minute so just need something cheap and cheerful to get me by :)

Ah, got you :thumbs:

Only reason I asked is that some TDOs and tracks are a bit funny now with regards to camera mounts, and they have to be of a certain type to be allowed on track. This varies with differing places and companies though, so I'd always check with them before going.

Ah, got you :thumbs:

Only reason I asked is that some TDOs and tracks are a bit funny now with regards to camera mounts, and they have to be of a certain type to be allowed on track. This varies with differing places and companies though, so I'd always check with them before going.

+1 - a lot of places are stopping the use to suction mounts as a lot of people buy cheap crap ones which let go mid track and send the camera flying around the cockpit! Far better to get a proper clamp if you can. Not easy in the 350z, but in the 370z they added a handy bar for us :teeth:

The suction one I bought was around 25 quid.

Once I get my seats, cage and harness bar in I'll get one to mount onto the cage and hopefully one for the bonnet and rear.

Seen a dvr kit with 4 cams which looks pretty good at around 300quid.