Only lasted 8 months.

un1eash

The dream only lasted 8 months, the 350Z has gone. I did plan on keeping the 350Z till after summer but with buying my first house i decided the extra money of downgrading now would come in handy. Its been fun and wish i had done more in the 350 but cars are no longer number one on the priority list.

I'm back to using my mk1 mr2, and traded in the 350 for a 2007 Tigra Exclusiv 1.8i for the fiancee as she sold her Swift Sport for part of the house deposit.

Will hopefully still see people around as i attend a few Jap shows during the year with imoc.

Sorry dude... but you are doing the right thing...

Anyone who says cars are more important than house deposits still live with their mummy and daddy.

Get the house, get sorted.. then get another Zed if/when you can... :thumbs:

Sorry dude... but you are doing the right thing...

Anyone who says cars are more important than house deposits still live with their mummy and daddy.

Get the house, get sorted.. then get another Zed if/when you can... :thumbs:

Trouble is its hardly worth it, for the extra £5k or so you would have by the time you have bought a shed. imho

im going through house buying thing at the moment.

You will get another ;)

Trouble is its hardly worth it, for the extra £5k or so you would have by the time you have bought a shed. imho

Probably right... but it is a HUGE to show the fiancee your commitment to it ;)

You will get another ;)

:thumbs:

My car loan was pretty big but the lender didnt seem to mind so much even though we only had a 10% deposit and have got a big mortgage. The downgrade was more about getting the monthly out goings down and with fuel,tax,insurance and maintenance i'll save a small fortune between now and moving in at the end of May.

Would love another 350 but next on my wish list is a S2 Elise.

Oh I don't know about that..... :lol:

Anyway, Unleash, hope you come back at some point mate, the club alone is worth it!

Had to do a similar thing when I was younger

Same here, had to sell my Lotus Europa to put a deposit down on a house. Going from a Europa to a Mini 1000 was something of a shock :scare:

Pete

I went from a 300zx to an Allegro. :lol:

I went from a new Vauxhall Viva HB (second and what turned out to be the worst car buy I ever made) to an oval window scrap yard recovered Beetle, to help get my first mortgage - er, in about 1970 :blush:. Beetle had a tuned 1500 installed though and did many off-road competitions and was great reliable fun :teeth:

Oh I don't know about that..... :lol:

Me neither :teeth: Bought my Z with house deposit money - still have equity in current house, so it's all gravy :#1:

I did sort of the reverse. Moved to a cheaper house then bought the zed with the difference in house value between my old house and the cheaper new one.

At least you got to have one for 8 months mate, and having seen it in the flesh the other week, it was a cracking looking motor. And, you got a good price for it from what you were saying.

Im still not sure how long I will keep mine. I think maybe 12 months and sell it summer 2012. Will see just how much the running costs affect me. Its costing 3 times what my old car did to run. Im spending around £450 just on fuel a month just getting to work & back, which is like having a 2nd mortgage. But, at the moment thats kinda ok.