popeacute 350z Mods

popeacute

just thought i would keep a record(for myself) off the mods,changes, purchases i have made to my z since owning it...

stuff i got and changed,not in any particular order(pics to add later):

Auto folding mirrors

IMG00316-20110329-1857.jpg

stubby areial

IMG00314-20110329-1857.jpg

dash cluster bevel trim

IMG00315-20110329-1857.jpg

cargo net

IMG00319-20110329-1859.jpg

carbon bonnet dampers

IMG00329-20110402-1540-1.jpg

major service at nissan p3 £210

led interior bulbs & rear plate leds

IMG00330-20110402-1541.jpg

IMG00331-20110402-1542.jpg

washers for boot release

IMG00321-20110329-1901.jpg £1.20 from b&q

gliptone scuffmaster

IMG00320-20110329-1900.jpg

leather before:

IMG00323-20110329-1902.jpg

IMG00322-20110329-1902.jpg

leather after:

pics to add when i get around to doing it.

Fitted new ferodo ds2500 to the rear.

refurbed parts:

electrical window motors cleaned and working like new

MODS to do:

clear rear fog light

fix bose jumping

iphone/mp3 player tapedeck hack

yet to buy in no order:

jwt pop charger

motordyne plenum spacer

exhuast upgrade of some sort undecided

uprev ecu chip

nurrish system

reversing camera/reversing sensors

short shifter with new gear knob

spacers front and back

rotas

lower springs

tonneau cover

carbonate stuff under bonnet( engine cover,plenum,battery/fluid covers and surrounds,intake pipe, strut bar, front panel)

maybe oil can catcher and other bottle mods

uprated oil sump

bluetooth adapter (if i dont get nurrish system)

so many other parts not going to mention them all....

hydrographics or water transfer imaging

being looking into this, reading quite a bit about it seen this video and kit $99...anyone used it or know someone who has used it?

looks straight forward enough. They do a carbon one that i was interested in. and the plastic tub for dipping is £10 from b&q

http://www.timbersedgecamo.com/Video1.html

http://www.timbersedgecamo.com/Carbon-Fiber.html

or is it a bad idea? di-noc just as good?

• 2 weeks later...

arrrgghhhhh fricking clicky axle!!!!

took the car on a spirited run in this fine weather...at the end of the day reversing back into the drive, i heard it... higher pitched double clicky sound.. drove forward and back, and then under load accelerated, clicking everytime...noooo. i'm gonna have to learn to live with it just now. i have been instructed that all the money now has to go on the wedding.. :blush:

Still want to do stuff to the car even though funds are going towards wedding, is there a discussion topic where all the mods are free/cheapest and links to the guides?

free/cheap mods:

bose stereo fix(£5 cable required)

clear rear fog (£15 bulb required)

• 1 year later...

Well wedding over started to do some mods to the car again.

got the car resprayed in some areas that needed it, deep scratch 3 inches long beside the aerial, was like that when i bought it. Scratches to corner of front bumper and some scratching on the passenger door where some one keyed it lightly(busterds).

then this weekend i went to put on some front brake shims that i bought from camskill. i bought rear ones ages ago from there that are for a evo 5 with brembo and they matched perfectly for £10, so i thought the front ones would be the same but no £17 wasted, they are too long...damn it.

then i went to put on the spacers i bought from mwtechracing 25mm for back and 20 front, done the back no problems, but the spacers did have dents and scratches on them, which i expect is just manufacturing defects, not a big issue.

from this:

SAM_0794.jpg

to this:

SAM_0792.jpg

but then i got to the front and came across this brass bolt sticking out which stops the spacer going on:

350zspacerissue.jpg

what is it? and i take it i now need to get new front discs?

ah right so the whole thing unscrews so its flush with the centre of the disc, so only the bolts are sticking out from the disc and not this extra one....?

Yep. It's also been asked 100s of times if you fancy using the search button. :stir:

ah right so the whole thing unscrews so its flush with the centre of the disc, so only the bolts are sticking out from the disc and not this extra one....?

Yep. It's also been asked 100s of times if you fancy using the search button. :stir:

fair point.. :blackeye:

• 2 weeks later...

exhaust started to sound like a nismo a week or so ago, figured it was the that typical fault old exhaust splitting at the join...sounded great for a week, good indication of what it might sound like with an after market exhaust. But driving home tonight spirited run country road, strange noise like a bag of tools form under the car started...jacked it up to have look, damn!:

SAM_0811.jpg

SAM_0808.jpg

SAM_0809.jpg

can i still drive like this until i buy a new one? it's my daily driver....

cheers, thought i could but wanted to check just in case it would have an adverse effect of some sort...

time to go shopping... scorpion or cobra...hmmm..time to start reading...

£50 will get the zorst patched up in the mean time if you like. Mine was exactly the same. Canavans in Lurgan did mine.

• 1 year later...

been a while since i have done anything with the zed but got a few more mods done and to go on..

i actually managed to get an exhaust of gumtree that was previously thought sold. Bit of a bargain, took it home some spit and polish here are the results:

Capture2.png

Capture.png

20130723_181820.jpg

20130723_181835.jpg

20130803_134506.jpg

20130727_175707.jpg

20130723_194330.jpg

20130819_161459.jpg

20130819_161433.jpg

20130819_152238.jpg

youtube video of it :

this weekend i will be putting on the motordyne plenum spacer recently bought from darren-b

Edited by popeacute