uprev

jamzee500

It refers to reprogramming or remapping the standard ECU.

Uprev is a company that produces software and hardware that allows one to reprogram or flash the ECU.

Reprogramming / flashing / mapping the ECU optimises the fueling and ignition to suit your car.

It refers to reprogramming or remapping the standard ECU.

Uprev is a company that produces software and hardware that allows one to reprogram or flash the ECU.

Reprogramming / flashing / mapping the ECU optimises the fueling and ignition to suit your car.

ah right! so when people say they have had an uprev is that literally just a pre-programmed map from uprev the company loaded onto the ecu?

so i take it you cant just go to any tuner with a dyno and get the car mapped?

Cheers

When people talk about having an Uprev they mean they've had their car's ECU tuned. Usually on the road and / or dyno.

There are only a few tuners in the UK who can remap the 350 ECU - we're one of them and we use the Uprev software to do it.

Yes Jez is right the Uprev system tune's the car via the OBD diagnostic port.

You can tune all the fuelling/ignition parameters and the variable cam timing and a host of other parameters within the stock ECU. You can even tune the ca rto run F/I via the stock ECU with larger injecotrs and air flow meter.

If you have a JDM early car or a late 05 onwards (rev up) UK car you can even have multiply maps via the Cruise control switches.

When we build a map for the cars, us @ Abbey have tuned over 100 350Z now, so we have a lot of base maps we work thorough running different fuelling and re mapping the cam timing to find the best power and torque even tweaking the inlet cam map a few degrees will make the car feel more responsive and gain and hold torque we have found, this is recored on the dyno .

We also have found the Rev up cars neded to be tuned to a different AFR than the DE and HR cars.

We are in the process in building some Unleaded 95 octane maps for these cars. We hope to be able to offer a post servic efor totally stock cars. I have a good 95 octane map for a Rev up already , just going to put my early DE car back to totally stock to unable us to build a 95 octane map.

We charge £400-20 inc vat for N/A map to tune a F/I map is a little more expensive. We charge by the hour and you need to buy a Uprev licensce.

Any questions ask away.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes Jez is right the Uprev system tune's the car via the OBD diagnostic port.

You can tune all the fuelling/ignition parameters and the variable cam timing and a host of other parameters within the stock ECU. You can even tune the ca rto run F/I via the stock ECU with larger injecotrs and air flow meter.

If you have a JDM early car or a late 05 onwards (rev up) UK car you can even have multiply maps via the Cruise control switches.

When we build a map for the cars, us @ Abbey have tuned over 100 350Z now, so we have a lot of base maps we work thorough running different fuelling and re mapping the cam timing to find the best power and torque even tweaking the inlet cam map a few degrees will make the car feel more responsive and gain and hold torque we have found, this is recored on the dyno .

We also have found the Rev up cars neded to be tuned to a different AFR than the DE and HR cars.

We are in the process in building some Unleaded 95 octane maps for these cars. We hope to be able to offer a post servic efor totally stock cars. I have a good 95 octane map for a Rev up already , just going to put my early DE car back to totally stock to unable us to build a 95 octane map.

We charge £400-20 inc vat for N/A map to tune a F/I map is a little more expensive. We charge by the hour and you need to buy a Uprev licensce.

Any questions ask away.

What does F/1 mean :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question on this (as people at the Grasshopper seemed to be raving about the uprev tuning) - it seems you purchase a license/software to be applied to the car, the guys at Abbey etc work with it to modify the cars ECU. Question is, if I got my stock car done, then at some point in the future added parts such as exhaust etc and wanted it done again to work better with the additional parts, I presume as I hold the license it be a case of just paying for Abbey etc's time to do the reprogramming again?

Is that right? What sort of cost does that entail?

Cheers in advance...Col

Hi,

when you 1st purchase a Uprev within the price a License comes with it. If after you require any more tuning you only have to pay for dyno time.

And if you remove all the parts from the car before you sell it we can even remove the licence and you can either sell this or take it with you to fit on another 350 or 370 or even new GTR very shortly.

Thanks guys, just as a ballpark figure (will not hold you to it!) for a typical dyno session to reflash it?

I need new wheels, tyres and a front bumper really so the engine mods come after that, but am tempted by an uprev initially if the dyno session at a later date is reasonable enough.

Sorry, what I mean was the cost for the follow up work, so its £402 for the initial work, then if I added a new exhaust etc in the next year and came back in 2012 what would the cost be to run the dynos again?

Thanks guys, just as a ballpark figure (will not hold you to it!) for a typical dyno session to reflash it?

I need new wheels, tyres and a front bumper really so the engine mods come after that, but am tempted by an uprev initially if the dyno session at a later date is reasonable enough.

Ah I see you are cracking on the up rev :D , you won't regret it

Well if you want to find out more feel free to pop over for a beer and I can show you the difference the up rev makes. Get to hear the milltek exhaust on a roadster too lol.

Sorry I shouldn't be tempting you with more goodies for the zed.

You coming to the zed meets on the 4th June?

Ha Ha, and you used to moan about Dave and I doing the same to you B):thumbs:

Well if you want to find out more feel free to pop over for a beer and I can show you the difference the up rev makes. Get to hear the milltek exhaust on a roadster too lol.

Ha Ha, and you used to moan about Dave and I doing the same to you B):thumbs:

:teeth: just trying to follow my masters teachings :lol: