UpRev & plenium @ Horsham Developments

mookstar

:thumbs:

whats the damage on an uprev there if you dont mind me asking

Go on you know you want to ;)

Mookstar you will love it, it turns the car into the vehicle it should always have been, so much more consistent power all the way through the gears, I was worried it would be uncontrollable but it's totally the opposite, enjoy

whats the damage on both and how much power does it add?

Does the zed loose much power over time?

My car had dropped to 270bhp, lost 6 horses but we got it up to 292. To be honest though the bhp is only a small part of the story, it's the increase in torque that really makes the difference and seals the deal.

whats the damage on both and how much power does it add?

Does the zed loose much power over time?

My car had dropped to 270bhp, lost 6 horses but we got it up to 292. To be honest though the bhp is only a small part of the story, it's the increase in torque that really makes the difference and seals the deal.

i didnt get much torque at all with mines. They struggled to get much power out it at rs tuning. I think the 2.5" centre section on the scorpion is holding back some hp to be honest.... Its a tough one, I made 293 on the first run, and ended with 305.5bhp. The fueling is alot better and runs sweeter. The car pulls smoothly through the gears, where as the torque graph before had a big jump and drop at the start.

RsTuning.jpg

so for a noob then what is the uprev remap actually doing? Is it effectivly making it the same power as a uprev engine? (ie that comes with its negatives aswel?)

Also what kind of cost are we looking at?

The uprev just makes your engine run as efficiently and effective as possible. It removes issues which arrive through the standard manufacturer putting a generic map on each engine, even though they are the same they are also different, no engine is the exact same.

ah ic thanks bud - i remember from my smart roadster days a remap basically meant loading into the ecu the engine settings from the brabus engines and hey presto you effectivly had the power of a brabus tuned engine on your normal roadster - was dead cheap for the gains (from 80bhp to 110 bhp) around £100 - i never did it as didnt want to mess my insurance up.

But on the Zed guess were talking quite a bit more spondoolies and i right?

ah ic thanks bud - i remember from my smart roadster days a remap basically meant loading into the ecu the engine settings from the brabus engines and hey presto you effectivly had the power of a brabus tuned engine on your normal roadster - was dead cheap for the gains (from 80bhp to 110 bhp) around £100 - i never did it as didnt want to mess my insurance up.

But on the Zed guess were talking quite a bit more spondoolies and i right?

anything between 400-500 quid but the tuning is done live with your car on the rolling road. Then map is designed specifically for your engine. You buy the license from uprev(as part of the price) then if you ever need tuning you only pay for dyno time so its alot cheaper afterwards when you add mods etc.

The cost for the UpRev at Horsham dev. are very competitive at the moment, as they are only just getting into the UpRev software so they are offering a reduced price on the first few cars they do, but they may want to keep the car for a few days to test with. I got a really good deal including the plenum spacer as well. They seem to know what they are doing and have had allot of experience with the S13-15 Nissan’s getting them up to 500BHP+ and they do a number of drift race cars. Also Jez was saying that they are looking into offering more tuning mods for the 350z including making some high flow cats at a much more competitive price than the Berk tech units which is interesting :thumbs: . But picking her up at the end of the day and will get the results up as soon as I can. But I would drop them a line if you’re after pricing I think Jez at Horshams has a profile on here.

i didnt get much torque at all with mines. They struggled to get much power out it at rs tuning. I think the 2.5" centre section on the scorpion is holding back some hp to be honest.... Its a tough one, I made 293 on the first run, and ended with 305.5bhp. The fueling is alot better and runs sweeter. The car pulls smoothly through the gears, where as the torque graph before had a big jump and drop at the start.

To get the torque gains on a 296 facelift car you really need a plenum spacer and an MREV2. My midrange increased by about 30 lbs/ft after a tune with these mods.

To get the torque gains on a 296 facelift car you really need a plenum spacer and an MREV2. My midrange increased by about 30 lbs/ft after a tune with these mods.

What's the difference between the mrev2 lower collector and standard matey?

Not really sure what the technical differences are, but I know it works! I think it's machined slightly differently to even out the air flow to the front two cylinders which seem to be slightly restricted in stock form. Abbey are the guys to speak to on this for a better explanation :thumbs:

Not really sure what the technical differences are, but I know it works! I think it's machined slightly differently to even out the air flow to the front two cylinders which seem to be slightly restricted in stock form. Abbey are the guys to speak to on this for a better explanation :thumbs:

Cheers mate, I meant to say I do have a plenum spacer fitted just mow the collector. Haven't added it to my sig yet

Had a good test with the improvements yesterday on the drive back and happy with the results. I think the first dyno run was in 290's ish at rear wheels and Horsham managed to get it to run to 312.8BHP in the end I will get the graphs up when I get a chance. The power increase is noticeable and gives a much more aggressive pull through the gears and seems to improve the pull from a bit earlier on in the rev range all the way up to around 6200rpm also seems a bit smoother on power delivery. I would definitely recommend these guys to anyone looking to get this done a good price, gave me the power gains I was after and also done a full tracking alignment for free :thumbs:

Glad to know you're pleased Jon.

The power was about 290 at the flywheel (not wheels) and we got it to 312.8bhp at the fly after the mapping.

If people leave their car with us we always do a free alignment check (but no adjustments) - its surprising how many cars are out of spec, although yours was pretty good.

I've got a copy of the graphs here - I can post them up if you like?