my zed

Michael robinson

just worked out how to upload picture to here so thought ad share pic's of my baby to find out what you's people think?

- i no the wheels dont fill the arches on the back but am still thinking about weather or not to keep the arches on the car (i like them just dont want to cut the inner arches out and potentially destroy the car ) what you guys think ?

advice and opinions would be appretiated

62298_1626364779811_1257297848_31810088_2552727_n.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-1.jpg

image.jpg

:snack:

Well it's a Marmite car for sure.

Personally I like that kit on the 350z but you NEED to get suitable wheels with the right offset and/or spacers....cos at it is it just looks wrong.

On a side note, If your unsure whether you like the arches or not, why did you buy it? There are lots of zeds around without that sort of kit/arches. That's a very particular style you've gone for so you must have liked it?

I do love it the way it is with the arches on mate it makes me grin like I did when I was a kid with a new toy :teeth: just don't like the idea of cutting the standard ones out . the wheel will only come so far out until it hits the inner standard arch the way it is at the min as the vs3 arches are layer on top of standard body but bulge out an extra 2.5 -3 inch .

I don't no what to do for the best :bang:

What you's think ?

Why do you need to cut the original arches?

Just get bigger wheels,most go with 20" with that kit.

Loving the plenum. B)

WHat he says. The original arches are same diameter as new ones

All you need is wider wheels, with a good offset. Seen it done a dozen times already.

Very nice :thumbs: . It would great if you could find a way of filling those arches, a set of 20 inch wheels with good offsets would be the way to go. However, I reckon you'll still need chunky spacers on the back and smaller ones on the front to get the perfect stance.

Pete

Hard decision. If you like the kit you have to do the arches, but as you say, it will require alot of work to put it back to standard if you wanted to.

I'd say go for it if you like the look. If you took the arches of now you'd have all the rivet holes to sort out anyway. :shrug:

Why do you need to cut the original arches?

Just get bigger wheels,most go with 20" with that kit.

Loving the plenum. B)

WHat he says. The original arches are same diameter as new ones

All you need is wider wheels, with a good offset. Seen it done a dozen times already.

Surely if the wheels were wide enough the tyres will foul on the OEM arches with the suspension travel. Normally the wheel would go up inside the arch at full travel.

the body shop I used said I did have to so the wheels could come past the arch al take a pic tomorrow and show you what he told me.

I would need 60mm spacers on the back to fill them properly :dry: and I think going that big would stress joints quite abit .

Kit is just glued on at the min so I could take the arches off

I love the hole kit just when I have to sell up one day al have to hope someone likes the kit as once the standard arches are cut out there's no going back really . Decisions decisions .

big spacers will help make it look properly but because your stock arches don't stick beyond your wheels, the wheels have no room to travel for your suspension. Hit a bump and your tyres will scrape your inside (stock arches.)

I'm afraid trimming back your arches are the only way but there's no return once done.

Also if you're doing to do it, make sure you take it to a body shop who will seal the trimmed back metal otherwise it'll rust and spread like cancer.

Even better, have some extended wheel arch liners made up to protect it from crap.

Well I'm running 19" 10.5 with +23 offset on the rear and don't foul.Worst case if they did would be to have the arch lip rolled.

Yeah my 10.5" 19's are +25 and don't rub but for Michael's car to have the same stance as ours his wheels will have to stick out another 2-3" to be flush with his new arches. Then as his suspension was compressed the OEM arch would hit the tyre.

I think your gonna need 12"+ rear wheels for that then you can reduce the spacer size needed.

I did consider wheels and spacers just didn't think that they would have to be that big or have so aggressive off sets .

To tell you the truth I didn't even think about the effects of the arches That much as I didn't think it would need much modding to do but totally forgot about suspension travel etc :doh:

I will think of what I what I want to do then when av done it al post some more pics to show which direction av chosen