Zed top speed

Dano190485

Can a 206 GTi really do 150mph? Seems highly optimistic to me.

Given that Peugeot themselves only ever claimed a top speed of 143mph, I'd agree with you ;) 150mph on the speedo perhaps, but I shudder to think of the length of road you'd need to get to that figure.

yeh but i was wiv my m8s an there was 5 ov us, and we all saw it. u calling me a liar blud? :rant:

An it haz a k&n an a peco big bore zorst wif 2 tailpypes innit.

I thought Z's were limited to 155mph. However... New Years Day, Freiburg to Karlsruhe. 175mph indicated on the speedo. Not sure what it translates to in true velocity but it was just me and a C4S on the road. Was surreal. Funny thing is the Porsche driver let me lead! The limiter does kick in eventually though. Apparently the XFR is also limited to 155mph but it's VMAX can be achieved in 5th gear. It's limiter only works in top gear. Sneaky sneaky...

the limiter is 155, which can almost be achieved in 5th on my pre facelift model. i think it is done in 5th on the newer Zeds

once you reach 155 it doesnt stop like a rev limiter. but even though i know it can go faster it just sits at 155.

so far I have only hit 145. Space is the big limiter. I had a 07 civic type R which has around 200 BHP and that would top at 140 ish. The day I bought the Civic I was bounced by a black Z on the M5 along bruminham. I naturally gave chase as the Z was first choice but I panicked and bought the Civic on the grounds it had 4 seats and a more manageable engine size.

Couldnt catch the Z and instantly regretted the civic.

1 year later, Zed in garage :thumbs: