Lands End to John O'Groats... In one day!

Ekona

I have no idea where else to put this so I'll chuck it in here!

I'm planning on making the above trip at the end of April, and using it as an opportunity to explore some other parts of Scotland while I'm at it. Since we've got an incredible breadth of members on here, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on either the route I'm planning to take or the hotels I'm looking at staying in?

The route

Staying at:

Lands End hotel

Seaview hotel

Cluny Bank hotel

Poppies hotel

Premier Inn Cramlington

The route is only very rough for now and I know I'll have to change it at some point, but I think it looks okay atm. The route up there will be dull as ditchwater until I get to Scotland as I need to make time rather than fun roads, and I will definitely be altering the route from Newcastle back to Braintree, but that's about as far as my plans have gotten me so far. I'm really looking forward to it, in a perverse oh-my-god-what-am-I-doing kind of way! :D

That will be a tough drive! Make sure you take lots of pro plus with you. Are you doing it in the Porsche? My bro cam from London London in his c4s with the Porsche racing exhaust and by the time he got here, his ears were bleeding his back was agony and his hands had the shakes lol

Yup, doing it in the 911 so at least I'll be in relative comfort whilst driving. I'm still waiting on a couple of friends to get back to me to see if they want to join me, but even if they don't I'll still enjoy it I hope! That one day is going to be a killer, I know, but at least I don't still have the Zed with the K1 on! :lol:

Hotels are pretty well priced I think, it's the 1700 miles on super unleaded that's going to kill me! :scare:

Dear god I'm not planning on the whole route in one day! :scare:

I'll be doing LE to JOG in the one day, and then I'll break up the rest over another 5 days. LE to JOG is about 15 hours so horrible but doable.