only in the USA

ir_fuel

found this post on my350z.com

What's up,

Im new to this site because I was just looking for some 350Z forums. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice.

Im turning 17 in April, and I my parents are buying me a 2006 350Z Base for my birthday. Could anyone give me any advice on the car.

Please post anything, photos, links, comments about the car

P.S. If anyone has bi-xenon headlights, how are they? Im dying to see what they are like on my car, but i dont have till April.

:scare::headhurt:

You live a sheltered life if you think that only happens over in the US. In all rich circles it happens. If you dad has millions of pounds he would not batter an eye lid at getting a really nice car - probably worth much more than a Z. OK some might say its not responsible but don't think it does not happen in the UK.

You live a sheltered life if you think that only happens over in the US. In all rich circles it happens. If you dad has millions of pounds he would not batter an eye lid at getting a really nice car - probably worth much more than a Z. OK some might say its not responsible but don't think it does not happen in the UK.
Oh it does happen yes.

My friend drives a carrera 4S which his dad bought him, but can also drive his Dads Vanquish, F430 and mums cayenne. FLeet insurance is the way forward

But not for your 17th birthday :p
His first car was a Golf R32, not as fast as the zed or anything, but he too had access to all the cars his dad and mom owned, at that time the DB7 was the choice car for weekends and trips to the pub. That is now gone and the Vanquish replaced it.

All straight roads though. They'll drag away from the traffic lights showing off how crap their auto box sounds when it changes then they'll brake. It's if one of these young guys in their fast car decides to go on a twisty road they'll have bother!

But not for your 17th birthday :p
His first car was a Golf R32, not as fast as the zed or anything, but he too had access to all the cars his dad and mom owned, at that time the DB7 was the choice car for weekends and trips to the pub. That is now gone and the Vanquish replaced it.

Does he live in Hampshire, just over the road from me??? I live in the old gamekeeper's cottage from an 'estate'. The owner of the 'big house' has more cars than days of the week, oh and a 2-seater bi-plane and helicopter.

His son of 19 has a 7 series Beemer and gets to use all the other cars. Saturday afternoon - listen for the roar as the kid comes down the gravel drive in daddy's Lambo. :rant:

Not that I'm jealous or anything - having been born in a council house in the North East of England. :wacko::)

I wouldn't give someone that young a fast car even if I had the money. I don't think I could sleep at night knowing that they were ragging the thing around the roads with little experience! :scare:

Doesn't make a difference, they'd be ragging it whatever. My first car was ............. (yep I'm not admitting that) but I drove it to within an inch of its life and drove v quick everywhere. There is an argument that a faster car would be safer - more chance of it stopping.

quicker to stop, but quicker to get up to even more dangerous speeds too! :scare:

Accepted but better safety systems etc.

Tbh, I think if it was me buying my 17yo a car now I'd buy em something with a decent size engine (like a 2.5) so they wouldn't be able to afford to drive as often and a decent size car too so if they did have a smash they'd have a fair bit of metal surrounding them. Just my personal opinion obviously, I've got no stats or anything concrete to back this up :teeth:

quicker to stop, but quicker to get up to even more dangerous speeds too! :scare:

Accepted but better safety systems etc.

Tbh, I think if it was me buying my 17yo a car now I'd buy em something with a decent size engine (like a 2.5) so they wouldn't be able to afford to drive as often and a decent size car too so if they did have a smash they'd have a fair bit of metal surrounding them. Just my personal opinion obviously, I've got no stats or anything concrete to back this up :teeth:

Yeah, get him the previous model Audi RS4 avant. 2.7 biturbo and decent size :p:teeth:B)