London Tube advice

Lexx

Being a northerner, I have no idea about these things you southerners call the underground.

Closest I ever got was Glasgows Clockwork orange, and thats just a big circle so its hard to get lost!

I've used the undergrounds website journey planner, but it real life it'll probably be bollox.

Basically. I need to get from London Kings Cross to Waterloo.

Easy enough.

But I arrive in Kings Cross at 4.20 on Friday! great. Rush hour.

So in the opinion of the regular users here. Whats going to be the best way to get between the 2 stations?

I hate trains. :boat:

Just back from fashion weekend with the mrs....... the tube in fairly easy to navigate lexx...... Trust me lol.....however...... look out for the shifty spanish looking folk who love to take ur wallet :blush::lol:

( I saw the boy eyeing up my mrs handbag so I walked right over to him and asked him if he was having a nice day in the broadest glaswegian accent I can put on :blush::lol: )

Just back from fashion weekend with the mrs....... the tube in fairly easy to navigate lexx...... Trust me lol.....however...... look out for the shifty spanish looking folk who love to take ur wallet :blush::lol:

( I saw the boy eyeing up my mrs handbag so I walked right over to him and asked him if he was having a nice day in the broadest glaswegian accent I can put on :blush::lol: )

He prolly still thought you were camp ;):p

I can navigate on water, and by the stars. Its trains I bloody struggle with! :lol:

On the odd occassion i've had the 'pleasure' of visiting my london office I have found the tube to be boiling hot and crammed full of miserable sweaty southerners........it's horrendous in summer! I'm geographylexic and try to avoid going on my own but i could probably just about navigate it. If you get an oyster card you can just top it up and whiz through all the barriers without buying a ticket.

actually you may have to do picadilly first then northern. I spend about a week a month in london and when the tubes are running its a fantastic service.

Looking at the map properly, i think either victoria to euston then northen straight down..or change at leicester. You could also just walk straight to euston depending which side of KC you are, they are about 20mins apart on foot IIRC

Camp pahhh. That is you with your blonde highlights ;):lol:

Pffft!

I've no had those things in for flipping years!

Ozz - I need to be at Waterloo to catch an overground train to Hook, so the walk would take too long.

Bullet - iphone all the way!

Thanks for the help guys. :thumbs:

Aye, but £4 tube versus £15 taxi....

I have a lot of appointments in London and never get the tube - but then again I can claim back travel on expenses. Surely a man of your means Lexx can swallow the £11 difference and save on a lot of grief ;):p:lol:

Taxi every time, I hate the tube. :thumbs:

+1

Tube sucks at rush hour, in fact it sucks at any time - you inevitably end up standing up the whole journey, holding on to a disgusting thing that looks like a snooker ball on a spring to stop you falling over and always paranoid about having your pocket picked as you are crammed into the train like sardines in a tin.

Taxi all the way - sit back and enjoy the sights ;)

The suggested routes are wrong, the best way is Victoria line to Oxford Circus and then Bakerloo line to Waterloo - Victoria line & Bakerloo line platforms are opposite so there's no walk involved for the change. Even the posters on the route suggest this way so god knows why the journey planners haven't been updated!

Trust me - I used to do that journey everyday in rush hour and tried EVERY route.

The suggested routes are wrong, the best way is Victoria line to Oxford Circus and then Bakerloo line to Waterloo - Victoria line & Bakerloo line platforms are opposite so there's no walk involved for the change. Even the posters on the route suggest this way so god knows why the journey planners haven't been updated!

Trust me - I used to do that journey everyday in rush hour and tried EVERY route.

they probably always go for the shortest route ;)

I hate the tube with a real passion. :angry:

95% of the users are foreign, its really hot, you can never get a seat, everyone looks like a terrorist, the maps are stupidly laid out....... :rant:

If punctuality is important e.g if its for an interview or hospital appointment etc, get a stress free taxi :thumbs: