Just got a 46" sony bravia in at work

sl114

We have the EMAs tonight and we are transmitting them in full HD so we got a sony Bravia in alongside a standard def sony plasma, and i have to say the difference is amazing!

The clarity of the Bravia is out of this world, there is no fuzzyness of the picture, every little detail can be seen and the colour contrasts are amazing.

This baby retails at £3500 and i think for what you are getting it is so worth it.

Anyone considering this TV, i suggest you get it, its worth the money and i will be getting one of these after christmas i think.

We have the EMAs tonight and we are transmitting them in full HD so we got a sony Bravia in alongside a standard def sony plasma, and i have to say the difference is amazing!

The clarity of the Bravia is out of this world, there is no fuzzyness of the picture, every little detail can be seen and the colour contrasts are amazing.

This baby retails at £3500 and i think for what you are getting it is so worth it.

Anyone considering this TV, i suggest you get it, its worth the money and i will be getting one of these after christmas i think.

Don't forget to receive HD you need to buy a HD box from sky for £300 plus the extra on top of your normal monthly subscription :headhurt:

Don't forget to receive HD you need to buy a HD box from sky for £300 plus the extra on top of your normal monthly subscription :headhurt:

But its so worth it!

Get one shipped in from Hong Kong, save yourself a packet

:thumbs:

Unless of course you can get Telewest cable - £10 extra a month, no up front charge :thumbs:

Not much content yet :thumbdown: , as Sky won't sell their stuff to TW - it will come though

Gus

is this the new X series? The brand new ones that support the 1080p signal? They rock, I'm just waiting for the price to come down!

The model I mean is the Sony Bravia KDL-46X2000

I have the good fortune to have a 42" Panasonic Viera with Sky HD in my not that large living room. Mostly we watch the HD footie and golf but the BBC Preview channels wildlife stuff is quite amazing. What I'm really looking forward to is Top Gear in HD with full digital sound!

On which topic I'm looking for an audio system to plug into the telly (as my xmas present to myself) anyone know anything worth recommending?

G

Sony have raised the bar with the latest X series. Defiantly the best out there, as you say, the prices need to come down a bit - £2K for the 40" is a bit steep when other very good TVs can be got for around the £1200/1300 mark. Its quite a lot of premium for that extra bit

What I'm really looking forward to is Top Gear in HD with full digital sound!

I think it will be a number of years before shows like that are in HD. Its quite an investment to jump up to HD cameras. When the tracking car was in at a friends company for some work someone asked about HD and they said there were no plans at the moment.

Tracking car was a matt black A3 - even has covers for the lights when filming to reduce any reflections

is this the new X series? The brand new ones that support the 1080p signal? They rock, I'm just waiting for the price to come down!

The model I mean is the Sony Bravia KDL-46X2000

Thats the exact one. It is incredible

What I'm really looking forward to is Top Gear in HD with full digital sound!

I think it will be a number of years before shows like that are in HD. Its quite an investment to jump up to HD cameras. When the tracking car was in at a friends company for some work someone asked about HD and they said there were no plans at the moment.

Tracking car was a matt black A3 - even has covers for the lights when filming to reduce any reflections

True, I read something that Clarkson had written saying it would add around 50% to the budget costs to make the programme

Yup as you have hire costs of camera which are much more expensive, also a whole edit suite which is HD. These all cost more. Its easier for a static regular to show to do it like eastenders as all the filming is done reguarly in 1 location and the editing will be done on location (well same site I think) rather than topgear which has some editing done onsite, some done before the show etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...

That said, my brother has bought an HD cam corder that he is using to film wake boarding - looks awesome!

I've seen the picture on this Sony, it is awesome, the first thing to raise the bar since the Panasonic Viera that reined supreme before.