Women drivers!

hoffs350z

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yawn: @ RTB - he just wants a tongue lashing cos he'll enjoy it so much :lol:

I feel a :rant: coming on!!

was in zed other day (first time in ages) - driving round car park and elderly woman in micra comes towards me on wrong side of lane - I stoppped and started reversing to make room for her AND SHE KEPT ON COMING :scare: no idea how wide her car was and came within a hair's breadth of the side of the zed - she only stopped when I leant on the horn and gestured frantically at her to stop - it was unbelievable :bangin:

other thing that really roasts my napper is yummy mummies in 4x4s who also have zero clue about the width of their vehicles- and basically force you onto verges and kerbs - there should be an extra test for any person who drives a 4x4 to ensure they're capable. :rant::rant::rant:

Just back in from a little shopping trip...thought I would share with you how hard it is to be a driver AND a woman...

Dead cute squirrel had a narrow escape from my zeds wheels as I was distracted by checking my nails looked beautiful, also had a VERY close encounter with the rear of a Ford Focus as I HAD to check my eyelashes were there and didn't realise I was at a roundabout, oh and because my hair just WOULDN'T go right this morning, HAD to fluff up when got the opportunity...very rude drivers at the traffic lights, I wasn't that long in realising the lights had changed to green... :lol::lol:

It's hard to be a woman...!!! (I feel a Dolly Parton moment coming on!!!) :lol:

:#1: Hi Nic :thumbs:

Elderly 'men or Women' are the biggest problem on the road IMO.. You have to anticipate their every move and give a wide berth :wacko:

Although my biggest hate is when parking the Smax, its a nightmare getting the baby out of the car unless your in a parent/baby space, I had a go at some young punks in a clio the other week as they had parked in one of the parent/baby space's and I had to struggle to get little Mellie out of her child seat while trying not to bang the car door on the car next to me - its not easy being a woman sometimes :lol: ... :rant:

Although my biggest hate is when parking the Smax, its a nightmare getting the baby out of the car unless your in a parent/baby space, I had a go at some young punks in a clio the other week as they had parked in one of the parent/baby space's and I had to struggle to get little Mellie out of her child seat while trying not to bang the car door on the car next to me - its not easy being a woman sometimes :lol: ... :rant:

People should just put kids in the boot, then you can get easy access to them when parked up with no door banging required :#1:

People should just put kids in the boot, then you can get easy access to them when parked up with no door banging required :#1:

Not a bad idea :#1:

Elderly 'men or Women' are the biggest problem on the road IMO.. You have to anticipate their every move and give a wide berth :wacko:

How old is elderly? careful

Its all relative - I know several 70+ ers who are fine and safe but I also know folks of the same age who just shouldn't be behind the wheel anymore. Its the living corpses staring straight out from behind the wheel that I see out on Fife roads that scare the bejaysus outta me. :drive1

Just back in from a little shopping trip...thought I would share with you how hard it is to be a driver AND a woman...

Dead cute squirrel had a narrow escape from my zeds wheels as I was distracted by checking my nails looked beautiful, also had a VERY close encounter with the rear of a Ford Focus as I HAD to check my eyelashes were there and didn't realise I was at a roundabout, oh and because my hair just WOULDN'T go right this morning, HAD to fluff up when got the opportunity...very rude drivers at the traffic lights, I wasn't that long in realising the lights had changed to green... :lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its all relative - I know several 70+ ers who are fine and safe but I also know folks of the same age who just shouldn't be behind the wheel anymore. Its the living corpses staring straight out from behind the wheel that I see out on Fife roads that scare the bejaysus outta me. :drive1

So you'll let me continue driving my 370 for a few more years, what a relief.

:yawn: @ RTB - he just wants a tongue lashing cos he'll enjoy it so much :lol:

I feel a :rant: coming on!!

was in zed other day (first time in ages) - driving round car park and elderly woman in micra comes towards me on wrong side of lane - I stoppped and started reversing to make room for her AND SHE KEPT ON COMING :scare: no idea how wide her car was and came within a hair's breadth of the side of the zed - she only stopped when I leant on the horn and gestured frantically at her to stop - it was unbelievable :bangin:

other thing that really roasts my napper is yummy mummies in 4x4s who also have zero clue about the width of their vehicles- and basically force you onto verges and kerbs - there should be an extra test for any person who drives a 4x4 to ensure they're capable. :rant::rant::rant:

hmm - we have a Honda CRV (4x4) and in the space of 1 week, my dear wife hit a pillar whilst reversing out of a multi-storey car park space and scraped the rear wing, then drove over a small brick wall on my drive partly demolishing it and the side runners on the car - had it re-built - then she did it again !!! :rant:

no more evidence needed :ban:

So you'll let me continue driving my 370 for a few more years, what a relief.

Sorry Malc :blush:

When I saw you at the 370z test drive meet I thought you were only early 50's.... you moved like 20 year old when you saw the free bacon buttys... :lol:

I was talking about the 80+ elderly that are slumped forward and you can only see their eyes peering over the top of the steering wheel :lol:

When I saw you at the 370z test drive meet I thought you were only early 50's.... you moved like 20 year old

You smoothie I love you

When I saw you at the 370z test drive meet I thought you were only early 50's.... you moved like 20 year old

You smoothie I love you

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:blush:

What are your names? Elton John and David Furnish????

Malcolm, I'm pretty sure talk like that is internet grooming considering the age difference! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nic, thought this might bring a response from you, where have you been?

Prepping her Zed for the show season of course, takes a lot of effort keeping our cars looking good :#1:

I wish! Yes it is clean and in the garage but still looking the same with the old kerbed alloys etc.....

Dead cute squirrel had a narrow escape from my zeds wheels as I was distracted by checking my nails looked beautiful, also had a VERY close encounter with the rear of a Ford Focus as I HAD to check my eyelashes were there and didn't realise I was at a roundabout, oh and because my hair just WOULDN'T go right this morning, HAD to fluff up when got the opportunity...very rude drivers at the traffic lights, I wasn't that long in realising the lights had changed to green... :lol: :lol:

The thing is Fee - that's probably TRUE! :lol:

:yahoo::clap:

My playmate is back ;)

Can't leave you alone too long with all this lot to keep in line Vik! Someone's bound to need a good :slap:

its why womens insurance si cheaper, they tend to have low speed prangs with minimal low cost damage to repair, blokes tend to go out in a ball of flames; usually a write off and usually expensive.

there are advantages to being a woman even if half your species have limited spacial awareness.

i think thats more the issue, not that women cant drive; but more they lack the spacial awareness; and again this is not all women but a large percentage of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky the guy is paying mate a lot of people wouldn't come round and own up to it these days!

On the subject of woman drivers, i'm in sainsburys car park, in a nice que and a woman starts reversing towards my drivers door while im in the car. I'd been there a few minutes it's not like i had just got there, anyway luckily she stops, i was bloody fuming! some young lass drove into my rear bumper last year when i was pumping my tyres up to! :rant:

elderly people who can barely move are the wqorst though, i know people 70-80+ and they're fine, then you get the ones that clearly have no idea what they're doing and are going 20mph in 60 zones, which on a country road is very dangerous!