My jdm 03 zed oil filter?

_BR1TT0N_

Hi guys,

my service is due. Only got about 25000 miles on the clock. Wanting to get a better oil filter and oil. Using mobil 1 full sythetic at the mo. What's the k&n oil filter like? And the mobil1 oil filter? What's better? And what kind of oil would you say? Is my mobil 1 fully sythetic ok?

Thanks!

A good panel filter in the stock airbox is the better choice for power. An aftermarket cone style intake can give a better noise but may cost a bit of power - but probably not noticeable for normal driving.

Oil - Fuchs Titan Race 5w30 is my choice - good stuff.

:)

Okay so panel filter better performance than a induction kit! Cool, sounds good to me! what oil? Is that fully sythetic?

So go for a k&n panel filter?

K&n oil filter

any other cheap bits I can do to look after the zed and improve performance?

Okay so panel filter better performance than a induction kit! Cool, sounds good to me! what oil? Is that fully sythetic?

Yeah the Fuchs stuff is fully synthetic.

So go for a k&n panel filter?

K&n oil filter

any other cheap bits I can do to look after the zed and improve performance?

Depends what you mean by cheap!

In terms of looking after it - follow the service schedule at a good garage and use decent fluids and parts - good tyres etc...some people do their own interval engine oil change between servicing. Upgrading the spark plugs is a cheap option and fairly easy to do

I have installed the Denso Iridium plug - if you :pmzmanalex: he will tell you what you need for your car (I don't know if JDM is the same as UK for this) and I think he can supply them. I think there is a guide on here for how to do it.

The magnetic sump plug replaces the normal sump bolt when you do the engine oil change - the magnet then draws any tiny metal particles out of the oil as it passes through the sump, helping to protect your engine.

Don't worry mate - I knew nothing about cars when I got my Zed - I learnt loads on here so ask away! :thumbs:

Thanks guys! You are really helping me! So now my list

k&n panel filter? ( or anything else recomended?)

k&n Oil filter

magnetic sump plug

upgraded spark plugs

fully synthetic 5w 30 oil either Fuchs Titan pro s or royal purple

Who can I contact to get this stuff? Been a great help!

You can replace diff oil and gear oil if you wish - in fact I'm about to do this on my Zed at the weekend (I'm on about 82K). I bought my fluid from :pmzmanalex: genuine Nissan stuff and cheaper than you'll find at the main stealers. You will need a fluid suction pump to do this job - you can get them off ebay for less than £10.

It is important you get the right grade stuff - ZMANALEX will tell you what is needed for the JDM - I think the diff oil might be different to what UK cars take.