Abbey Motorsport Courtesy Car - Amazing!!

Wasso

For those who've had the pleasure of driving the Abbey Motorsport Courtesy Car - I'm rather impressed.

Okay so it's no looker, although it's benefits outweight the negatives.

For instance.....

Fuel Economy - I managed 54.5mpg on the motorway during my return journey from Oxted to Birmingham - This is twice the mpg I was getting with the Zed on my way down.

Driveability - Superb for every day driving, point and go, handles well on the corners and leaves junctions without you thinking "will I make it"

Comfort - Okay so the comfort isn't amazing and wouldn't be recommended for long journeys, although it has all the mod cons you need, Aircon, Electric Windows, CD player.

Visibility - you can see everything, no blind spots, mirrors are more than suitable, fantastic to park.

Fuel Refills - I put £20 in at the motorway services at £1.35 a litre, with the DTE saying I had no more miles left in the tank. The £20 I put in, gave me half a tank of fuel.

You don't have to worry about finding the right bighting points with the clutch, just slip it in gear and away you go. Braking is just as good as the Zed. No need to worry about wheelspin, or loss of traction, even drives well in the wet. I'm sure also it would fair a 1000 times better in the snow in comparison to the Zed. Steering feels solid and planted. The other thing is nobody wants to race you off the lights, it quietly slips in with the other boring traffic without raising alarm bells.

All in all a fantastic car.....

The only problem is....

It's god damn ugly!

Although, I will enjoy driving to work for the next 5 days knowing how much money this car is saving me, the only problem is I have lost all my friends due to the reduction of my street cred!

At least I'm driving the same family of vehicles, so everything is pretty much the same, even the fuel release flap!!

Although the sound is completely different.....

I may play on the stereo the sound track of my Zed :teeth::lol:

Is it the one with GTR on the number plate Ian, I borrowed that a while back... a GTR it ain't :surrender:

Not sure I am going to be able to catch up next weekend, I went to Brighton 2 weekends ago with the guys and met up with Graham & Will in Camberley last weekend so I would be pushing it to go out again this weekend... :sorry:

Stop being a wus and get out and meet up!!

Yes it was the Nissan GTR plate ;)

It's a great car if you want an A to B car, that serves a purpose very well. I was more suprised with the fuel economy on the motorway.

I have to agree with you hatterjon - I can't wait to get her back, but love the simplicity of the Micra. It may convert me to get a shed for the winter months, or potentially place the Zed as a weekend car.

Then if she's a weekend car we can look to remove comfort and useability and swap it for raw performance and harsh ride!!

my mate has a baby blue micra 1.2 - the newer shaped one.

allthough i feel like a complete bellend if im ever seen in it, i must admit, as a run-around it is awesome.

i just dont get why they styled it like that. it is as brilliant for nippiness and practicallity as it is rediculous to look at.

Nissan, what were you thinking? :bangin:

my mate has a baby blue micra 1.2 - the newer shaped one.

allthough i feel like a complete bellend if im ever seen in it, i must admit, as a run-around it is awesome.

i just dont get why they styled it like that. it is as brilliant for nippiness and practicallity as it is rediculous to look at.

Nissan, what were you thinking? :bangin:

thats what i had but a 1.5 diesel. had loads of torque for what it was. AND those things are EPIC for handbrake turns! i went through 2 full sets of tyres in 1 and a half years. Ah the days of youthfull pissing about :lol:

needless to say it was very broken by 2 years of age and i gave it back :D

Husky is off of the courtesy car list then. :teeth:

Yes they look a little strange but they are good cars. We never had any troubles with them, Wasso in the 1.4 ltr one , we also have a 1.6 ltr as a courtesy car.

Any way I dont think there is any other trader on hear that offers coutrtesy cars?

Husky is off of the courtesy car list then. :teeth:

Yes they look a little strange but they are good cars. We never had any troubles with them, Wasso in the 1.4 ltr one , we also have a 1.6 ltr as a courtesy car.

Any way I dont think there is any other trader on hear that offers coutrtesy cars?

And Marmite :yuck:

When I had the courtesy car Mark's dad drove my Zed all the way to my house to meet me while at the same time I drove the Micra to Abbey to meet him :blush: