Got my 350z at last!!! Just a couple of questions

oliver789

Hi,

as the title says I got my black 350z on saturday and I love it!!!!

Just 2 questions I would like to ask;

1) Whenever I press the button on my key fob to lock it the car makes a high pitched noise...but if i unlock and relock the noise doesn't happen....any reason for this. (the noise is quiet, but you car hear it)

2) Today I thought my handbrake was broken but it turns out i have to pull it to the very last 'click' for the car to hold, again is this normal? just asking because my old car would hold about 4 clicks from the top?

Sorry for the questions but you guys are the experts.

thanks

Hi,

1) Whenever I press the button on my key fob to lock it the car makes a high pitched noise...but if i unlock and relock the noise doesn't happen....any reason for this. (the noise is quiet, but you car hear it)

Ask Husky ........ he's a member here and he's a dog so he'll probably have heard it as well :lol:

seriously not heard of that before

2) Today I thought my handbrake was broken but it turns out i have to pull it to the very last 'click' for the car to hold, again is this normal? just asking because my old car would hold about 4 clicks from the top?

Normal

thanks

Hi,

thanks

Welcome first of all :thumbs:

Only time I hear i high pitched noise when locking is when the tailgate is open and the doors are shut

About the handbrake, if you remove the ashtray, you should see the adjuster bolt and nut, but if that has been tightened up the the max, then it's a rear wheels off job and adjust from there (the Zed has a drum/disc combo at the rear)

thanks for the advice guys I will have to try tightening up the handbrake this weekend (its too dark when i get home from work) but I will always leave it in gear.....just in case.

and.....oh yes I do squeal with joy when i fire up that engine, what a sound!!!!!! :teeth:

thanks for the advice guys I will have to try tightening up the handbrake this weekend (its too dark when i get home from work) but I will always leave it in gear.....just in case.

and.....oh yes I do squeal with joy when i fire up that engine, what a sound!!!!!! :teeth:

We all know the feeling :lol: