£88 ... ouch!

slimjim

Im pretty lucky really, working from home, so I don't HAVE to drive anywhere.

Plus the new "Shed" for the wife has arrived.

118d, which is REALLY nice to drive and touches 50-60mpg.... Keep the Zed for those nice sunny days.

Still, a shock to fill up!

Yes - I've noticed a big difference. I used to get really good averages with the Elise and the Caterham..... I guess that's what another 1.7 litres and umpteen hundred kilos do for you.

I still love it and fortunately its for fun/weekend use only. My 1992 1.3 Toyota Corolla does the bulk of the work! :dry:

£88 is very impressive though.

I've been averaging £90 a fillup for the past few weeks :surrender: Still works out about 22p/mile and I get 40p from work, so its covering it for now.

Think im managing about 25p a mile (Done a few work miles these past few weeks)

My 40p a mile STILL doesn't cover fuel, Road Tax, wear and tear, servicing etc....

:thumbdown:

I've been averaging £90 a fillup for the past few weeks :surrender: Still works out about 22p/mile and I get 40p from work, so its covering it for now.

Think im managing about 25p a mile (Done a few work miles these past few weeks)

My 40p a mile STILL doesn't cover fuel, Road Tax, wear and tear, servicing etc....

:thumbdown:

Well no, but I'm happy for now that it covers my petrol and a bit of wear and tear. I took on an expensive car so I have to pay for some of the running costs. Just grateful that I dont have to pay for the fuel for now. When it drops to 25p/mile after 10k miles, I might not be so happy :thumbdown:

When it drops to 25p/mile after 10k miles, I might not be so happy :thumbdown:

WHAT?!?!?!

What's that about bud? Just a company thing?

Thats the government standard. Dont know what its officially called, but after 10k miles a year, they recommend that you only get paid 25p/mile :thumbdown:

I'll give it a google

EDIT: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/travel.htm

When it drops to 25p/mile after 10k miles, I might not be so happy :thumbdown:

WHAT?!?!?!

What's that about bud? Just a company thing?

Thats the government standard. Dont know what its officially called, but after 10k miles a year, they recommend that you only get paid 25p/mile :thumbdown:

I'll give it a google

EDIT: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/rates/travel.htm

Yep think its HMRC guidelines as thats the same for the last 2 companies I have worked for.

Im on 40p a mile... always. If they change it, I will just stop at home :D

You sure about that? That would mean that you and the company are attracting tax/NICs on top of that payment, which I doubt the company will be too happy to pay. I know a few people that used to "forget" when they went over the allowance and still claim the higher rate and didnt have to pay tax as they didnt declare it, but thats technically illegal ;)

Im on 40p a mile... always. If they change it, I will just stop at home :D

You sure about that? That would mean that you and the company are attracting tax/NICs on top of that payment, which I doubt the company will be too happy to pay. I know a few people that used to "forget" when they went over the allowance and still claim the higher rate and didnt have to pay tax as they didnt declare it, but thats technically illegal ;)

It's a bit weird for me .... as my company is based in NZ, so they follow the NZ laws... and also the UK ones.

Plus I think the miles are charged to the customer, not claimed from the Government... :)

it does mean fill ups are a monumental 95-100 squid though :ban:

My last fill up when the light came on and DTE was zero (well it dissapeared about 20 miles from empty to ****), was £93. If I pushed it too far past zero DTE, I wouldnt be able to use pay at pump at Tesco as it has a limit of £99! :scare:

it does mean fill ups are a monumental 95-100 squid though :ban:

My last fill up when the light came on and DTE was zero (well it dissapeared about 20 miles from empty to ****), was £93. If I pushed it too far past zero DTE, I wouldnt be able to use pay at pump at Tesco as it has a limit of £99! :scare:

haha now you mention it thats what i was doing! it was getting high and i was wondering what the pump would do and if i'd get in trouble as it was a night and theres no other way to pay :lol: just went on forever.

on a similar note, i have run the zed out of fuel before. probably worth its own topic about what to expect :lol:

When I took the fezza over to Mikes the other day, the fuel light was blinking just as I set off. Filled up with V-Power at the local garage and it was £122. (95 litre tank).

Drove over to Manchester, quick blast up to Amari, back to Manchester - back over the tops and home, a little jaunt around locally as the weather had picked up a bit. Pulled it back into the garage just as the light started blinking again :blush::headhurt::lol:

When we picked the zed up 3 weeks ago had 40 miles left before empty £85.00. Ive never had such a big smile on my face handing over £85.00 as I looked over at the car all shiney under the garage lights. :teeth:

Bet the attendant thought smug git :lol:. Since then not let it drop below a quarter so the hit isnt so bad £65.00 with v power last fill up.

On a slightly seperate note what is the score with filling up with normal unleaded on a uk zed thats not remapped? Im assuming there mapped for 95 ron? Would only put normal fuel in if Im pottering around though.

The only fuel I use is Sainsburys Super Unleaded, it is handy for me as near work and is always cheaper than Diesel, usually about 2p more than Standard and nowhere near as expensive as BP Ultimate or Shell Uptimax etc...

I am sure I might get slightly better performance from more expensive petrol but I am just as sure I would not notice the difference :thumbs:

On a slightly seperate note what is the score with filling up with normal unleaded on a uk zed thats not remapped? Im assuming there mapped for 95 ron? Would only put normal fuel in if Im pottering around though.

Mapped for 98RON as standard (as indicated in the filler flap). You can run on 95RON but will loose power and MPG. Best to run it on 98RON if you can :thumbs:

Ive always filled up with super. untill the other day (just becasue it was the only place in range) i put asda crap in. Im shocked, it actually made a difference to my mpg :scare: im doing 17 where i would normally do 20.

but then without proper comparative tests etc who knows. but i do 20mpg Allllll the time on my run to and from work. this is the first time its ever dipped like that and i did nothing else differently :(