HPI Warning. HELP!!!

Benjo83

Evening all, well, technically morning all but hey.

I'm supposed to be heading to Peterborough tomorrow to chck out a Zed i've seen. But, I just did a last minute HPI check and its come back with a mileage discrepancy. Now I dont know what to do.

It claims the DVLA records show 62k in Jan 10 and then 53k in Feb 10. Could just be a typo but can/should I take the chance?

As much as I always say that you buy a car for you and not for the next buyer, be very careful here. You might be happy with the response you get from the seller (forget the DVLA, useless shower of b*stards), but then you've got to explain that discrepancy to the person you sell the car onto. With the amount of quality Zeds out there right now, I'd walk away.

I got the MOT certificate number on mine, you can check out all the previous MOT's online for free, the milages are recorded. This should show up any discrepancies.

Good advice :thumbs:

And if the car otherwise ticks your boxes ask for the previous owner's contact details (from the V5 or any service receipts etc) - they might be prepared tio verify the mileage when they sold the car.

Mine had this and it turn out that Nissan had not linked the accounts with the normal Reg / private plate so when the plate data transfered it did not link up as the mileage discrepancy appeared around the same times as a private plate being added on the car. Nissan for me confrimed as it had every service and every mot at the same Nissan main dealer :teeth: .... but if it had spotted service history I would be cautious :dry:

I've had this before on a car and it was just a mistake by the seller.

There is a webpage on the direct.gov.uk site where you can enter a car's plate number and V5 document number and it will tell you all the previous MOTs and the mileages on those MOTs. It gives a good indication of what the mileage should be now.