Zed no more!

andyzed

Just P/ex the Zed for a Merc SL 500 AMG,

Sorry to see the Zed go :byebye: but as I only use it around 1500miles a year max then the £445 Road Tax was steep, new car is only £245 and it's a 5L engine, so much for this tax saving the environment. Zed was due Road Tax, MOT and a major service so best time to exchange it. It also would need new tyres soon and they would cost the best part of £900 as well. Probably could have sold it private for around 13.5K but looking around at recent sales the prices are all over the place and they're falling all the time and to be honest you would be better off buying a 06 plate as Road Tax is only £245 or a 57 plate with the revised 313bhp engine. The first couple of steelers I contacted offered me 11K in P/ex :scare: however eventually got almost what I wanted in P/ex for the SL 500

Loved the car and it was fantastic to drive, only criticisms were view out the rear window as it was almost black so a nightmare to reverse especially at night as it had no parking sensors, alloy wheels kerbed very easily as the leading edge stuck out beyond the tyre wall and the front bumper was a magnet for stones and chipped really easily as it was made of fibre glass and very prone to stone chips, other than that I loved the car although my Wife only drove it once due to the power and driving position.

She drove the new car the first day I brought it home and loves it as it is tiptronic or fully automatic and you can adjust the driver's seat for height and every other setting imaginable. The steering column also adjust electrically up and down and forwards and backwards as well as the seat so ideal for Linda as she is small and has a problem with most cars unless the seat is fully forward. View all round is fantastic with no "B" pillar and a large back window and it has parking sensors front and back so easy to park as well. It's pretty fast too. 0-60 in 6.0 Secs only 0.3 sec slower than the Zed but the 50-70 time is just as good and with the 5L V8 engine is as quiet as a mouse when driving

The 5L engine only develops 306hp so is totally under stressed and very quiet even when revved up. Totally different driving experience to the Zed much more refined, more of a Sports tourer than sports coupe but handles really well for a big car due to hydraulic height adjustment on the four wheels and Active Body Control and ESP.

Will always have a place in my heart for the Zed and will genuinely miss it, if anyone is interested it's currently up for sale

here:

http://www.parksidemotors.co.uk/sales.htm

Jeez to kept thy quiet I would have bought some bits off you before you sold it! Good luck with the sl! Love the v8 grumble from the 500 :thumbs:

Neil,

Replied to a post in the For Sale section saying I was thinking of changing the zed, however probably went unnoticed, also PMd a member on here to see if he was interested in buying it but he was looking for a 57 plate.

Took me a long time to finally make my mind up to exchange it but as I said would have cost me the best part of 2K to keep it on the road with Road Tax, MOT. P3 service and Tyres due in the next couple of months and prices are falling quite rapidly.

I will have a few items for sale and once I 've got time will post them up, so if anyone is interested they're welcome to bid for them.

You can tell your dad to keep an eye out to see if the Merc moves more than the Zed :lol:

That is truly beautiful. You'll love it. The interior will be a massive step up to the zed lol. Complete luxury!!

Sorry to see you leave the fold! Stick around and keep us updated with the SL, cant believe we never had the joy of having your car on the stand at shows. It was almost the exact same as mine but in a different colour.