Probs getting Tyres

ewan221

I'm also having problems getting Falkens. I'm told that there is no stock of the size I want (and many others) in The U.K at all but that a shipment is on its way over (on a boat) and should be here in 2-4 weeks.

Pete

I posted this last Weds, hope it helps:- it's in the tyre review guide Page 18

This is info I have gathered today and to my knowledge is accurate, it may or may not be useful when considering tyres at the moment and you should double check yourself as the situation will change.

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 245 x 45 x 18 Rears - available

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta 225 x 45 x 18 Fronts - "none in the country and on back order, won't be in the country before mid March" If you order them direct from Vred then you won't get them before May, i.e. you go to the back of the queue.

Toyo Proxes T1R Only fronts available, these tyres are apparently now discontinued and will be replaced with an asymmetric tread pattern, release date in the UK currently unclear.

This info is from tyre manufacturers and major on line distributors, you maybe lucky and find them at smaller local tyre distributors but I couldn't. :thumbdown:

I hope this is useful. :)

the tyre men

+1, or tyrexpress.com - with the later you can find your local fitter on the website, get the tyres delivered there and they'll call you when they arrive. Slightly more expensive than tyremen but may be worth it for the ease of fitting etc... both were cheaper than camskill last time I checked.

Hankook Ventus V12 evo k110

and

Hankook Ventus RSS Z211

both worth a look as well.

i think all the tyres i have mentioned all fit within the toyo falken vredestein bracket for price. also lots of other options if you willing to spend the money. Continental contisport 2 or preferably 3's are very good, MPS 2's if you are very flush.

Hankook Ventus V12 evo k110

and

Hankook Ventus RSS Z211

both worth a look as well.

I didnt think there was much love for hankooks on the big tyre thread ?

Dixon at DMS raves about them as does the bloke at GarageR (S2000 trader) i suppose it depends on which ones you get; hankooks wouldn't be my first choice, but they are superior to nankangs by a long shot.