Front Brakes

RichIX

Hi Guys,

I need your advice, I had my car MOT & service done in August and they said my front brakes were 75% worn I don't know if that means my pads or my disks? Does anyone know how much it is to replace them? Now that its coming to the end of Jan I can feel the brakes not being very responsive, does a warning light come on the dash when they are about to go?

I was thinking of taking it down to RS Tuning in Leeds to take a look at, anyone had any experience with this company?

Thanks in Advance :drive1

Quite a few people have used them for tuning and said good things about them. :thumbs:

I think they only do tuning rather than mechanical work.

Disks and pads are fairly easy to replace yourself to be honest - talk to Alex about your options (just dont buy from Nissan as you'll need a second mortgage).

(just dont buy from Nissan as you'll need a second mortgage).

Agreed: My brother was going to be charged £187 just to change the rear pads on his Zed! :scare:

Luckily he told me in time and I slapped him hard, told him to go and find the pads cheaper on the interweb and that I'd fit them for him. For a modest amount of beer tokens of course ;)

• 2 weeks later...

As you have a 2007 unless you've been driving it very hard, I doubt if you need discs just yet especially if the pads are only 75% worn.

Have your discs checked by trustworthly local garage. Ask your friends for recommendations.

It will also state on your Service Sheets if Discs were required and knowing Nissan a massive quote to go with it!

I've got a 2005 GT4 and drive fairly hard and my discs are fine!