Initial Thoughts After 20 days of Ownership

Kingman

lol... I was going to start a similar thread to this but more to rave about how much I love the car rather than gripe too much about it - I think it's brilliant to drive and beautiful in a slightly raw way... if you know what I mean.

Surprised by the number of grumbles here though - although I can see where you're coming from generally I disagree.....

Looks - well, should've bought the coupe - its beautiful all year round :D

Performance - power delivery is refined - not a boy racer turbo ride but easy to get carried away

I prefer to think of the gear change as "manly"

Bose unit - the lack of aux in is irritating but generally the sound quality is good - not superb, but good.

Generally though it's not the big things that annoy me about cars, looks, suspension etc. - I tend to figure that those things are part of the car so live with it. If I don't like it I should've bought a different car. When I was looking at getting the zed I was also looking at an Elise and a S2000 - generally extremely happy with my choice but I do still have a soft spot for an Elise.

The things that really upset me about cars are the things that are just plain irritating - lazy moments in the design office.... for example;

- the full beam indicator light is WAY too bright. Do they not realise that you'll only be using it when its really dark?

- the indicator "tick" is too quiet

- lack of aux on the 'Bose' head unit is ridiculous - particularly as its a high spec car and this is an upgrade

- Whats with the little draw above the fag lighter in the passenger footwell? What the hell can I put in that? Surely a cup holder (which is in some pre 2006 models I think) is far more useful!!

That said, these are only minor niggles and I LOVE the car so generally dead chuffed!! :cloud9::teeth:

- Whats with the little draw above the fag lighter in the passenger footwell? What the hell can I put in that? Surely a cup holder (which is in some pre 2006 models I think) is far more useful!!

There should be a cupholder in there, if it's missing take it up with the garage that sold it to you or if it was bought privately, contact ZMANALEX or R35LEE

Heel and toe is easy, those who can't do it in a Zed have deformed legs :lol: :lol: :lol:

A 380RS pedal does help tho...

yes dodgy legs is my excuse although i would say the the brake pedal is too high; when you press down with the ball of your foot its biting too high before you need to get your heel over to the accellorator pedal. with out the 380RS pedal though its bloody impossible the pedals are too far apart. i have size 11 feet so its not that i have small feet. obviously the lack of movement in my fecked right heel don't help.

i know this can be remedied by lowering the brake pedal but its a fiddly arse of a job. in the S2k it just works right out of the box ;)

There should be a cupholder in there, if it's missing take it up with the garage that sold it to you or if it was bought privately, contact ZMANALEX or R35LEE

On the 06, its a money holder. The cupholders are located in the centre. They arent suitable for large mcdonalds cups as i found it, the straws like to cut your arm when changing gear :lol: