JDM petrol tank capacity is 80L

doctor austin

Oh come orf it.............Dont you still believe me! why on earth would I make it up. Its a late 2003 JDM with leather seats and Brembo's, 18 wheels................. :doh: I am just a bit curious why some assume imports have smaller petrol tanks, with my car I got all the standard Japanese documentation including two copies of the owners handbook, both showing 80L. I doubt if its had a new tank also. But anyways having owned the car for a year now I love it and still really enjoy driving it...till it comes to filling the tank

I have an '03 JDM, filled it up today and got 70 litres in before the pump cut out. Didn't try to top it way up to the top though. I drove it for quite a while with the fuel light on - the DTE gauge eventually started flashing with dashes, it was telling me something like 20 miles until empty then suddenly didn't give me a figure anymore. Difficult to tell how much further I could've driven, but taking the gauge's word, that would've mean I had about a gallon and a bit left, maybe 5 - 6 litres I suppose, so that's pretty close to 80 litres.

• 8 months later...

My 2003 definitely has an 80 litre tank. Apart from having filled it up with 78 at the pump before (yes that was cutting it far too fine), I also have the Nismo instrument pod which I fitted before bringing the car back with me from Tokyo - primarily because that has a speedo with MPH as well as KPH. The fuel gauge on that has "80" printed on it at the top and 40 halfway down.

(which is a shame because I think it would look better with no numbers on at all)