ABS Pressure Sensor C1142

spursmaddave

Thought I would post this in case someone else has had the problem...

Anyone know of the positions of the sensors, maybe just something has come loose as the problem is only intermittent...

ABS, TC & Slip light all come on and when Mark @ Abbey ran the code it was C1142, he hasn't seen it before and googling has only shown up a couple of links all a bit vague...

One I test drove had the same problem. They replaced the sensor.....not sure where its located but it think they can sometimes be cleaned up.

......although if your prepared to give your missus a blank cheque for a ring I'm sure you can stretch to a new sensor! :p

It is on the control unit beside the servo. :thumbs:

Cheers Alex... if only I knew where the Control Unit was :doh:

Haven't had any lights since Friday and used the car everyday... very strange :wacko:

Beside the brake servo Dave under the plastic cover where you are supposed to check your brake fluid on a regular basis. :lol::lol::lol:

Look at item 3 of the attached PDF

Thanks Greg, top man :thumbs:

Beside the brake servo Dave under the plastic cover where you are supposed to check your brake fluid on a regular basis. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I checked the fluid when the light first came on...

I have absolutely no technical knowledge I am just hoping that maybe something is loose or covered in crap...

• 2 weeks later...

got the same code coming up on mine, lookd at the abs pressure sensor and saw a connector broken and disconnected near it, black one end and grey the other??, pinned it back together copying the wiring off my other zed and it turned off all the lights on the dash that were lite up so was well chuffed. went to drive home and it just kinda goes into a sort of proper slow limp mode and the traction control light flashes up??? clutch in and it'l rev ok?? just disconneted the pins again to come home so i'll have another look tomorrow but have you any ideas??

got the same code coming up on mine, lookd at the abs pressure sensor and saw a connector broken and disconnected near it, black one end and grey the other??, pinned it back together copying the wiring off my other zed and it turned off all the lights on the dash that were lite up so was well chuffed. went to drive home and it just kinda goes into a sort of proper slow limp mode and the traction control light flashes up??? clutch in and it'l rev ok?? just disconneted the pins again to come home so i'll have another look tomorrow but have you any ideas??

Are your cars both UK? Uk and JDM wiring are dofferent we have found.

Post some pictures up please , cant really work out what you are talking about re connectors.

To sort these problems we really need a Consult Nissan diagnostic machine thou.