Lucky GIT / Bonnet Struts

slimjim

FIRST MOD OF THE YEAR!

Due to me being a Jammy git and winning Tarmac's raffle, I have a set of bonnet Struts!

:yahoo:

Just popped em on while I was touching up some bonnet chips.

I was worried that the bonnet wouldn't open as far with them on, as some photo's I have seen the bonnet looks "half open"...

But I had nothing to worry about, it opens about 1 or 2 degrees MORE than it does with the stay!

g.jpg

As you can see, the "stay" doesn't quite reach now :D

g1.jpg

g2.jpg

g3.jpg

g4.jpg

g5.jpg

Will take some pics of the bonnet closed in a min.... Forgot to do that a min ago...

Pretty cool.... Just gotta take off the rear ones and get them sent off to be re-gased :snack:

very nice mod m8. :teeth: did you remove the bonnet stay bar from the zed as well. :thumbs:

Cheers... and at £7.50 a VERY cheap mod :teeth:

Nah...Gonna a leave the stay on. It is pretty light and would only clutter up the garage/get lost.

May as well leave it where it is :)

It look ME (and I am useless at this sort of thing) about 30 mins to do BOTH sides.

And it was like 2 degrees outside. Would have been ten mins each side if it was warm... and if I had the photo's I have now.

The install guide isn't great... but I figured it out. (Maybe I am just a little dumb!)

But you guys now have the photo's of mine showing you what goes where.

I can always take more photos... or even do an install guide. VERY easy to do!

(Edit: using the stay, it is a one man job, you can do one side at a time.)

We tried doing some on a mates astra years ago,and the hardest thing to do was getting the damn securing pins in at the top,took us hours!

These are simple, you slide the securing pin out (very good design) pop the joints onto the ball, then slide the securing pin back in and it locks onto the bar.

Simple, clever, easy install. :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

On your own mate. Did mine alone. Put the bonnet stick in for the first side. Do the top ball joint, place the bottom fender bracket in place, remove the pin from the ball joint, take the bonnet stick out whilst holding the bonnet, pop the ball joint on. youll be holding the bonnet 2 seconds. Its safe now to do the other side :thumbs: