puncture

spu01jaw

Quick question, i have searched here and google but cannot find a coherent answer.

Just had a puncture (rear offside) which cannot be repaired and i am aware i should have both rear tyres replace however the other tyre has a lot of tread left. my question is how much tread makes the other tyre ok 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, 7mm? i will check the tyre tonight to see how much is left but i dont know what level is ok

Any info would be appreciated

kwick fit priced BS 050 at £250!!!!!!

But my local garage (spare deal tyres, nottingham) did it for £170 fitted so not to bad but the tyres were still relatively new so annoying

note: spare deal tyres are great with cheap tyres.

I had a similar thing some time ago but on the front. I just replaced the one tyre, the other one was maybe 20-25% worn, both tyres are still on there after a further 5k. I'll replace them both when the older one wears out though.

Pete

I had a similar thing some time ago but on the front. I just replaced the one tyre, the other one was maybe 20-25% worn, both tyres are still on there after a further 5k. I'll replace them both when the older one wears out though.

Pete

ok a quick calculation says about 6.5mm tread or 2mm difference should be ok

Pete

ok a quick calculation says about 6.5mm tread or 2mm difference should be ok

might not notice it now, but when the original gets down to about 2-3 mm you'll be suprised how much grip one side will have over the other