350Z cobb accessport

tompti66

I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the 350Z cobb accessport?

I have heard that it has been discontinued?

I was also wondering if that is is true, does anyone know if there is something similar or a possible replacement for the future?

:wave: welcome to the forum

Dunno about Cobb for the 350z :shrug:

You basically have two options

1. An Uprev ECU map - around £400 improves throttle response, fuel economy and low-mid range torque and maybe a few ponies

2. D1 throttle controller - around £120 - several settings to open and restrict your throttle

:wave: welcome to the forum

Dunno about Cobb for the 350z :shrug:

You basically have two options

1. An Uprev ECU map - around £400 improves throttle response, fuel economy and low-mid range torque and maybe a few ponies

2. D1 throttle controller - around £120 - several settings to open and restrict your throttle

how much is fuel economy improved by? just wondering how long it would be before an Uprev may pay for itself

how much is fuel economy improved by? just wondering how long it would be before an Uprev may pay for itself

There is a thread about this somewhere :shrug: SpursMadDave worked it out.(well think it was him)

i'l have search althou im thinking it'l probably take years... guess it wont improve massively maybe a couple mpg tops :shrug:

There is a thread about this somewhere :shrug: SpursMadDave worked it out.(well think it was him)

i'l have search althou im thinking it'l probably take years... guess it wont improve massively maybe a couple mpg tops :shrug:

Correct :)

small improvement, but the biggest gain is the improvemnt in how the car handles and delivers the power, from what others have said it really transforms the car.

speak to abbey motorsport

:welcome:

AFAIK Cobb has never been tested on a UK car. When I enquired about it last year they couldn't guarantee it would work for me.

Go for uprev :thumbs:

+1

AFAIK Cobb have not and are not releaseing an AP for the 370z, so that kindof points to the fact that they will be stopping development of AP. Added to this, as Ian says, I havent heard of a UK car using it, and on the US sites, they dont state it will work on JDM or UKDM cars.

UpRev have invested heavily in getting reflashes working on the 350z and the 370z and also getting it working on UK cars, so for me that is definately the way to go :thumbs:

Abbey and RS Tuning are both forum traders and official UpRev tuners.

Cobb have never downloaded the UK ROMs they are different to the US ROMS (ROMS are the maps in the ECU), so they have never realised the Cobb system for the 350Z's, they have now stopped making the Cobb for the 350Z's, the 370Z again has a different ROM to a US car but Cobb never wanted to get into this car. they only make a system for the GTR now.

Uprev have nearly all the ROM's for the UK and JDM's car we ocassionaly come across a car we dont have the ROM for we just download the RAM and withinn 2 weeks we are able to map that car via the Uprev system , JDM auto's seem to be the stuff we dont have everything ROM but we are gettting there.

We like to tune the car on the dyno when mapping the car , but we can also supply a Osiris system that allows the user to upload the map there self , they can log the ecu then we can tweak the map to suit the car , I am not 100% happy to do the mapping thid way but I do know the cars that well now I am happy to do this the car will not be tuned to give max torque and BHP this way thou , the Osiris system is $700US to buy which comes with 3 e-tunes.

Besy way is to come to us we can remap your car on our Dynapack dyno. The car will be set up 100% perfect.

Price is £335-00 + vat which I think is just over £400-00 now. Anymore questions ask away.

BTW we will also be able to tune the 35GTR with Uprev hopefully by the end of Febuary as well. These will be more expensive but again an awesome piece of kit.

I'll deffo be taking my JDM to Abbey although Mark said I need to send them my ECU first so they can"DUMP" it as they don't have a ROM for it currently.

Then they'll get the maps to suit and I can take the car in for the work to be done.

He told me they'd be able to ditch the limiter and get more power through the gears.

This is a bit of a learning curve for me as I'm a Techno Virgin but I can't wait to see the results as me motor is currently limited to 112 mph. :blink:

Will update on the outcome.