Rear Parking Camera

ace

as long as the unit has an AVI in then it will work,

personally thats alot of money for a camera, i bought one off ebay for 20 quid

not sure what spec yours is for £20 but this unit is built into the number plate light not drilled into the bumper also a quote from the blurb ' This camera provides a wide angle (170°) image with automatic colour and brightness adjustment as well as a night vision mode. The image is displayed mirrored to match what you would normally see in your rear view mirror. The camera connects to the reversing light to activate it when reverse is selected, and there is a cable to connect to the 'monitor' or activation input on the screen (as well as the video cable) which activates the monitor at the same time, if your vehicle supports this. Is this similar to yours?

that nissan one you found is good because it has the full oem finish to it. but i was just going to mount mine into the towing eye cover on the rear.

some of the really cheap ones can have a nasty fish eye effect to them or just generally poor visibility. but alot of the ones on ebay most people on here use.

that was just the first one i found on ebay, have a browse probably find something even better.

this is the one i used.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Rear-View-Rev ... 2555wt_991

great little unit, offer him £20.50

comes with a hole saw, all the leads etc.. fits directly into the towing eye cover.

it does get a bit steamed up on the lens sometimes but after a few miles driving its sorted out.

IMAG0129.jpg

you beat me to it... :lol:

is that the one i suggested to you m8....i ve not had any probs with mine.. :p

• 4 weeks later...

Iv bought that one to buster! Have you wired it to your reverse light so it comes on when you put the car in reverse?

I was thinking of also putting a switch in so that when I'm driving I can put it on manually has anyone tried that? Looked for a neat switch on eBay but couldn't find one, any1 found one on eBay or elsewhere?

Cheers

Iv bought that one to buster! Have you wired it to your reverse light so it comes on when you put the car in reverse?

I was thinking of also putting a switch in so that when I'm driving I can put it on manually has anyone tried that? Looked for a neat switch on eBay but couldn't find one, any1 found one on eBay or elsewhere?

Cheers

I have a little push button mounted in the bottom of the cubby hole. Its under the little rubber mat so you can't see it, but can still pressed. Don't know where it came from though, sorry.

i have wired this cam into the reverse light so that when you put the car into reverse it changes. i have also thought of putting a switch in and wiring so u can switch it on when not in reverse. perhaps a switch on the centre console or down by the washer jet/esp switches as there are blanks in both areas. :thumbs:

Cheers

mines wired up so it can be used whilst driving normally.ie on a sep. switch which is in the centre arm rest cubby.

:teeth:

got the switch from a motorist discount place local to me.Its just a 2 pin rocker switch.Instead of wiring to a live feed from the reverse light i picked up a live feed from the stereo :D .Pretty straight forward.

your right,i should of done a how to. :D

if i get time i get on and do it with pics over the weekend. :) but honestly its really simpels. :blush:

It's very simple. As long as the common goes to the reverse cam feed. U need to wire the switched from the reverse light NC and then wire the permanent supply into the NO of the switch. So then u can switch between the two.

any chance of a wiring diagram on this mate.?

what type of switch wound be required ? 2pin or 3 ?

i d like to give it a go seeing i have most of the required wiring in place :teeth:

It's very simple. As long as the common goes to the reverse cam feed. U need to wire the switched from the reverse light NC and then wire the permanent supply into the NO of the switch. So then u can switch between the two.

any chance of a wiring diagram on this mate.?

what type of switch wound be required ? 2pin or 3 ?

i d like to give it a go seeing i have most of the required wiring in place :teeth:

+1

Good selection off switches here

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performan ... uttons/647