Rear Parking Camera

ace

reversecam.jpg

basically,

the pink goes into the supply into the reverse cam

the red need to pick up a permanent supply ie the ignition feed for the radio would be best

the blue need to go to the switched reversing supply.

you would require to install two LV cables to the back of the car as one would be the reversing light to the switch (NC) and the other would be to the reversing cam from the switch ©.

there may be an easier way but im tired and cant think of any way else.

hope this helps

sorry guys to sound total thick here but i am totally lost.

so far mines wired as follows

camara mounted in tow eye cover .Earth point is to the chassie of the car.Live feed is taken from reverse light bulb holder live wire ie when reverse gear is selected and bulb Illumanates and camara is triggared.

i have also wired it using a live feed from the stereo via a switch to the camara before for a track day.

so i seem to have all the ness wiring in place but need a simplytons guide please to wire up.

all sorted..... :teeth:

i can know have the camara in use whilst driving or with a flick of a switch it will only operate when in reverse. :p

to do this you need to use a 3 pin rocker switch.mines hinned away in the armrest cubby.so first off you need to mount your camara.i opted for the rear tow eye cover.i removed the cover and drilled a hole big enough for the camara to fit snugly in place.i then run the cables from the camara into the boot..

i found a earth point and power(I added a BLUE wire) using the n/s/r reverse lamp wiring.once all was tested i move onto re wiring so it could be used whilst on the move and not just as an aid when reversing.

i found a live feed to the stereo and added a wire(red) from that to the new 3 pin switch.this wire was connected to the left hand pin.

i then run a wire(brown) from the centre pin of the switch to the boot.whilst there i disconnect the power lead to the camara from the reverse light (blue)and run that to the switch and connected this one to the right hand pin.

you should if following this guide have 2 wires from the switch running into the boot .(blue from the live on the reverse lamp to the switch and brown from the switch to the power the camara.)

right time for the test,switch turn on to the right and reverse selected and bingo it works.

knock out of gear and select left on the switch and camara comes on .

the wire i run from the centre pin off the switch was the connected to the live camara wire.

the hardest job i found was writing the guide so i am sure if i can do it ,so can you. :D

hope this helps.

all sorted..... :teeth:

i can know have the camara in use whilst driving or with a flick of a switch it will only operate when in reverse. :p

to do this you need to use a 3 pin rocker switch.mines hinned away in the armrest cubby.so first off you need to mount your camara.i opted for the rear tow eye cover.i removed the cover and drilled a hole big enough for the camara to fit snugly in place.i then run the cables from the camara into the boot..

i found a earth point and power(I added a BLUE wire) using the n/s/r reverse lamp wiring.once all was tested i move onto re wiring so it could be used whilst on the move and not just as an aid when reversing.

i found a live feed to the stereo and added a wire(red) from that to the new 3 pin switch.this wire was connected to the left hand pin.

i then run a wire(brown) from the centre pin of the switch to the boot.whilst there i disconnect the power lead to the camara from the reverse light (blue)and run that to the switch and connected this one to the right hand pin.

you should if following this guide have 2 wires from the switch running into the boot .(blue from the live on the reverse lamp to the switch and brown from the switch to the power the camara.)

right time for the test,switch turn on to the right and reverse selected and bingo it works.

knock out of gear and select left on the switch and camara comes on .

the wire i run from the centre pin off the switch was the connected to the live camara wire.

the hardest job i found was writing the guide so i am sure if i can do it ,so can you. :D

hope this helps.

Nice guide dude. If im not busy next weekend i will do this.

I was happy to help with the guide :p;)