True keyless engine start system.

BulletMagnet

Which is just as well (clutch down) as your insurer will pobably not pay out for theft if you can't prove the car wasn't stolen without your keys :wacko:

Looks like an Auto...

Would need to have your foot on the clutch for it to start...

Not sure what the point of it is. Would love a "remote start" so it warms up while you sit inside the house.

but you need your clutch down for that.

Which is just as well (clutch down) as your insurer will pobably not pay out for theft if you can't prove the car wasn't stolen without your keys :wacko:

Looks like an Auto...

Not sure what the point of it is. Would love a "remote start" so it warms up while you sit inside the house.

Exactly....

I had a Honda with a Clifford on that did it.... but once you opened a door, if you didn't put the keys in within 30 seconds, the engine cut out.

It isn't a remote start though is it? It is a keyless system so you open the car as normal and put the key in your pocket then foot on the clutch and hit the button :thumbs:

Very cool B) but what if you left the car unlocked as the Zed doesn't remotely lock, someone could just get in and drive away :drive1

Unless the system has an auto lock system for the forgetful it would be risky.

Still looks very cool though B)

Looks like an Auto...

Exactly....

I had a Honda with a Clifford on that did it.... but once you opened a door, if you didn't put the keys in within 30 seconds, the engine cut out.

I had a focus like that too with remote start and you had to put the key in once you're otherwise as soon as you touched the brake the engine cut out...

Looks like he added a complete system a month later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Em-CHCjR8

Including remote start

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGII7D-RThs

I think it's pretty cool nonetheless tbh.

Read that for manual cars, instead of putting the sensor wire on the park position, it's put on the handbrake instead.

Just wondering, do regular auto Zeds require brake pedal to be pressed to start up, like us manual owners need to press the clutch?

I had a look at the specs and apparently you can program the chime that it emits.

I think you could even turn it off altogether

How much is it... not that I am thinking about it at all... :blush:

According to the website $390

http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magento/s ... st800.html

Also a bit of Q&A on my305z.com from the seller

http://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-in ... ystem.html

I had a look at the specs and apparently you can program the chime that it emits.

I think you could even turn it off altogether

How much is it... not that I am thinking about it at all... :blush:

According to the website $390

http://www.auto-innovatio.com/magento/s ... st800.html

Less than I thought, would have to check with Insurance though huh :shrug:

I say you be the guinea pig BM and then us lemmings can follow suit once you have gone through the pain and misery of getting it working :lol:

Hmm, I just thought it was interesting at first, but now.....I dunno, maybe next year sometime when I've had some "excess" overtime monies :lol:

:lol:

I reckon it would maybe cost at least as much again to get it fitted properly... I have been thinking about electro magnetic parking sensors so could always get it all done at once... Insurance would be the issue though and I don't think i would cover up the key hole just in case :headhurt:

doesnt the key have to be close to the steering column so that it can read the chip to start the car? i was looking into getting a clifford alarm that can remote start off of your iphone but that was the problem i came up with and wasnt really keen on taping a spare key to underside of the column to keep it in close proximity.

Go for it! Thats the coolest thing ever, I doubt it will cause you any trouble and imagine you could be sitting in your house start your car which stays locked until you get near it then when its been on for 5mins you get in its warm it auto unlocks the doors for you. :cloud9::cloud9:

thats a very well put togehter system, very tidy indeed, look slike it by passes the key transponder with the new sytem there fore negating the need for the key. this would also get rid of the horrible nissan key for something a little more sleek.

cant see it causing any issues to insurance as its no different to any of the other keyless entry systems fitted as OEM to other cars. no keyfob no starting the car. no different to any other keyless or keyed system.

pisses all over the s2k's push to start system :thumbs: me likey

Go for it! Thats the coolest thing ever, I doubt it will cause you any trouble and imagine you could be sitting in your house start your car which stays locked until you get near it then when its been on for 5mins you get in its warm it auto unlocks the doors for you. :cloud9::cloud9:

Exactly, like I could wake up in the morning and start my car from my bed, :lol:

I little reading revealed that you remove the chip from the key and place it into a transponder unit (or something similar) and it activates with the proximity system.

It even comes with a keypad that can be put under the windscreen should your keyfob run out of battery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zapzB98O4Rc

This type of thing isn't for me and hence I haven't watched the video fully or checked out there website but it might be an idea to find out the following:-

Who makes it and where?

Does it have CE approval?

Does it have UK warranty?

:)

Can't see it being easy to get remote start on a manual Zed though without messing around with the clutch... anyway with heated seats it only takes a couple of minutes even to toast your buns even when it is very cold :cold:

I would be much more interested in the remote locking and push button start rather than remote start