SNOW ICE SLUSH HANDLING

shadowq

Just wanting to hear from anyone

about the handling of there zeds in this wetaher

as i seem to find the zed very uneasy on even slush roads

as other cars seem to zoom by, even bmw's, as they are also rear wheel drive,

i am a carefull driver, and have alot of experience, and have drove alot of cars 300/500 bhp

but with this zed, to keep it going on these roads

its a slow slow ride all the way. even on slushy roads.

i do have 18inch standard rims, with continetal sport tyres,

its my first zed, and was well worth the wait.love it. when roads are clear. :teeth:

Worst car I have ever driven in the snow/slush/ice/wet...

The handling on standard tyres really is terrible! I had the same trouble Sat night when driving to work, got stuck on a hill and had to go back down via another route... Sliding everywhere when braking / turning...

It's the last time I am driving the Z in this weather... :dry:

Where are you from?

Remember even though the zed is pretty well balanced, you do have a few hundred horses at the rear wheels. Even some 4x4's have been having issues out my way with the snow. Mostly down to the fact that under the snow there is ice.

If you read the forum you will see how everyone has suffered this winter due to poor road conditions. some have suffered more than others and some have had fatal consequences for there vehicles.

Most of us guys up here have another car/shed to run around in and keep the zed safe in the winter. Mines was off the road the start of September and will go back on in march.

Take it easy and get snowsocks if you need to drive, massive amount of positive comments on here about them.

As neil says......We dont tend to take the zed out in the snow / slush / ice.... its just too risky. I am from glasgow and wont be taking the zed out anytime soon as if it slipped or someone came smashing into the side of me etc....... well I would never forgive myself. Thats why I have bought a wee run around car...... as I dont mind what happens to that lol

So what part of sunny glasgow you from :thumbs:

tyres can make a big difference even with summer tyres, i found the zed on worn out bridgestones a handful but with the vredestein ultrac sessantas it was a lot better,

my s2k has the falken 452's on and its been great in the snow, yes it slides, but the feel and feedback has been great and so responsive.

neither will ever be as good as a 4x4 but i was making better progress than most fwd in this weather and the last few years.

That's one of the reasons why there are so many bumps, nobody should be zooming by at the moment. I couldn't care less if I got overtaken by a Yugo right now, as long as I get there in one piece :) .

Pete

Just wanting to hear from anyone

about the handling of there zeds in this wetaher

as i seem to find the zed very uneasy on even slush roads

i am a carefull driver, and have alot of experience, and have drove alot of cars 300/500 bhp

but with this zed, to keep it going on these roads

its a slow slow ride all the way. even on slushy roads.

i do have 18inch standard rims, with continetal sport tyres,

its my first zed, and was well worth the wait.love it. when roads are clear. :teeth:

is this a poem?