Anyone been to Prague ??

Im going on a stag weekend end of January...

Never been before and all ive been told is it may be cold and that the cabaret clubs are good.

Any recommendations of where to go... It will mainly be a drinking weekend but I do like a bit of culture too (honest)..

:)

my mate was there 2 weeks ago on a stag he said , cheap booze cheap food and even cheaper women :thumbs:

I've been 3 times now!

Twice for stag weekends and the last time was for no particular reason LoL ...

There are lots of cabaret clubs out there ... and even more touts trying to get you in them!

Most of the clubs and bars etc are in Wenceslas Square ... although there are some nice places around the Old Town for a quieter drink ...

I'd definitely check out Carioca and Darling Cabaret in Wenceslas Square ... they were probably the best two IMO ...

:yahoo:

Not been but by all accounts its now been summarily ruined by the Brits.

Summing up humans in the words of Agent Smith........... 'A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure'

Hhaha ... Brilliant Quote!

The Matrix was on last night too! That film never gets old!

Nice one boys :thumbs:

Someone did mention Darlings... ahem cough - sounds like a unique cabaret club... ;)

Did you watch Matrix last night too Ricey :lol:

:lol: I didn't actually.......its just something I've always remembered as a useful quote whenever I'm trying to damn the human race over something.

You can guarentee we're the only species that if we ever did discover alien life on another planet, the first thing we'd do is start using it as a 'stag do' destination and proceed to urinate drunkenly over the memorial statue of 'Zorg The Merciful' whilst chompsing on a kebab made from finest Gwinkenchimps.

Nice one boys :thumbs:

Someone did mention Darlings... ahem cough - sounds like a unique cabaret club... ;)

Did you watch Matrix last night too Ricey :lol:

:lol: I didn't actually.......its just something I've always remembered as a useful quote whenever I'm trying to damn the human race over something.

You can guarentee we're the only species that if we ever did discover alien life on another planet, the first thing we'd do is start using it as a 'stag do' destination and proceed to urinate drunkenly over the memorial statue of 'Zorg The Merciful' whilst chompsing on a kebab made from finest Gwinkenchimps.

Im up for that - sounds exotic :thumbs:

If you think Prague is cheap now, you should have tried in back in 1999!! I was touring Europe for 6 months and Prague was listed as one of our destinations for a week. Back in those days, beer was VERY cheap. Lets just say - I took out the equivelant of £5 out for my evening, the tram was 10p, the beer was 15p and the evening meal was about £4. So to come home slaughtered like b!tch with money still in my pocket was for me the place to be. We only wanted to spend one week in Prague, but due to the stupid prices we stayed an extra 7 days.

Cig's back then were 70p a packet!! So you can imagine the price of the ladies!! It was a FANTASTIC 2 weeks. Oh the days......

Although - even back in 1999 the locals didn't like the brits, claiming tourism is increasing the prices for the locals.

If you want to see a bit of culture visit the Charles Bridge, and the King's Castle (Charles if you haven't already worked it out). Nice cathedral at the top as well. Great for pic's although if it's winter time it's going to be bloody freezing!!!

Oh - watch out for the Absynth in Prague..... their brew is shall we say a tad stronger than what you can purchase in England (probably because it's brewed in Prague).

If you get any spare time and fancy a trip out, go to "Pilsen". One of the famous brewers alongside Staropramen. Both worth a visit!!

Been to Prague many times.

Darlings is good as is Goldfingers.

Karlov Lazne is superb. One stag do I went on out there lasted for 5 nights. Every night in Karlov (Eastern Europes largest club as it proudly states) till 7am. Wrecked at the end of it. 5 floors, each different music. Seem to remember drink is quite expensive in their, so best get pi**ed before hand.

Strippers and guns was quite amusing. You're either firing guns or watching strippers in the hang out room. Fortunately you cannot see the strippers when firing said gun so distractions are kept to a minimum.

Good times tbh.

Oh and the standard don't get taxis from the town centre as they'll overcharge something rotten. Buses and trams are far better and cheaper.

I found Goldfingers to be very expensive even for entry compared to most places, but it is one of the better known ones in Prague ...

The one called Carioca I mentioned earlier is brilliant ... it doesn't look great from outside but the girls in there were some of the best I saw in Prague!

It was really cheap too .. I think I was £10 for entry but you got 5 free beers (half pints) included...

:yahoo:

Just found a link for it:

http://www.stripbars-online.net/cz/prag ... et-carioca

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention before ... If any of the girls ask you to buy them a drink.. politely decline as they only drink their (special) drinks which are nothing but fruit juice and cost about 3 times as much as a regular drink ...

Yeah, expect it to be very cold and snowy, you won't want to be outside for long Nice place, English is spoken by most people under 30 and there's lots to see and do. Hotels close to the Charles Bridge are quite expensive but eating out is very cheap. Taxi's are cheap compared with London but the standard of driving is :scare: Take one of the trams, its safer :lol: Well worth taking a river cruise if it's in operation and like other big foreign cities watch out for pickpockets.

Pete