SOMEONE IS GOING TO F-ING DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vik54

oh yeah - forgot about the potholes after the snow and ice earlier on in the year..

Lord only knows how the roads are going to react after this big freeze :surrender:

Big thaw here, last week was -14 and an average of -7 and now its +7 wth? Some huge potholes have sprung up.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the gritter driver knows that this car belongs to a middle manager in the the same council?

Mind you - its actions like that which demonstrate the attitude which gets him driving a gritter and you in middle management I suppose. ;)

highly unlikely he knows me and even if he does - completely different departments from a different base location - Fife council is HUGE :)

Cor you lot are such a load of conspiracy theorists :lol:

Ahh I didnt know you worked for fife council lol :lol: , thats my advise out of the window :dummy: . Best bet would be to try and get it sorted internaly. :thumbs:

Trouble is we moan about Councils not gritting the roads and then some idiot goes and does this, I am sure it will wash off and not have caused any permanent damage but that is not the point is it, it was either complete stupidity or something more sinister... either way a complete PITA :rant:

When you have spent £500 or so just on front rotors then someone does this it would test the patience of a saint... I hope you get something sorted, maybe a decent detailing would fit the bill, that's what I would be looking for if it was me.

I know the stable door is wide open and the horse is long gone, but if you have to park on the road why not get a car cover from Alex? The proper Nissan one he does has a thick wire and padlock which you run under the car, would stop this happeneing again and protect Saffy from bird poop too!

Down our way,the gritter drivers are chosen from a pool of exisiting Council Workers and are paid a good bit extra for doing it. You may find that the empty seat in your office is someone doing grittting duties. Worth investigating who the driver was if you can :thumbs:

Vick how did Saffy look in the cold light of day?

Can't really tell yet - will see next time she gets washed. The rotors are very discoloured but I'm hoping to get off that hill today and take her for a run to clean them off.

Dave I've thought about the covers but the car needs to be completely dirt free to put one on which means it just isn't practical for me - she is a daily driver unless there's two foot of snow on the ground :shrug: The odd stone chip doesn't send me into meltdown - but this incident did just because it was so over the top and I had chosen to put premium rotors on.

Ekona - highly unlikely another vehicle was coming - locals just don't use that road in the snow - its a hill with a real negative camber into a wall which actually claimed done of the council's mini diggers last weekend- he simply slid into the wall and smashed his windscreen - they knew they couldn't clear it safely. The zed gets parked halfway down the hill where there is a bit of a plateau so its pretty flat and wide with the negative camber on the other side of the road.

I'm not interested in who the driver was - I'm interested to know what the guidance is about minimum clearnace and spread when gritting a narrow road next to parked vehicles and wether or not the councilwillpay for a correction detail if necessary.

• 3 months later...

Just a wee update for you on this - I put a formal claim into the Council's insurers in January and after several phonecalls and 'reports' here are some extracts from a letter I received from the Council insurers last week

" Please be advised that liability is not in dispute....submit a written estimate...we will send our assessor"

So basically still some negotiation to be done but they have accepted liability :)

Good things come to those who wait ;)

It's the rottwieller syndrome. he who barks the loudest gets all the attention. Must be at least £200 claim for day off work and a proffesional bodt valeter to clean that up. But then I am an antiestablishmentarian and have nowt else to do except champion the cause of the underdog dadadada???

Peter