My new Zed

dobby

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dobby,

I need to do my wiper arms as well, yours look like they came up great!

So I was just wondering what your prep & spray was, have a few questions & would be greatful if you could fire me a quick reply?

- did you sand the whole arms down to metal (even bits that weren't bubbled)?

- did you use a primer (& what was it)?

- what spray did you use?

- how has it lasted?

I had planned to sand the arms smooth & go over existing good bits a little, then prime any bare metal and finish off with light coats of satin spray.

The primer I have is: Body Fill 961 'Etch primer' - just noticed it is yellow, must see if there is a grey/black one.

Spray is Simoniz spray paint acrylic, Satin Black.

- How does this approach sound to anyone who has done this before?

Comments welcome!

John

Loving the enthusiasm :D

+1

love the TV aswell. i have the crappy birdview thing. i have never used it as its completely unintelligal so i just stick my tomtom on the window. love the satnav / freeview thing. i have been looking to change the BV for another satnav. does yours take postcodes? (probably the most annoying thing about BV is that it doesnt)

Sorry guys I didnt realise you posted in my thread :blush: .

For the wiper arms I used a drill with a wire brush on the end. It blasted through rust and bubbled paint but it can leave scoring behind so it may need smoothing out. I went to Halfords and bought their own primer and black paint (grey cans). You can use high build primer and sand smooth and the more time you take the better it will come out. Just remember to spray the nut cover caps too so it dont look out of place. Ofcourse you dont need to strip it all but just go by your own judgement. Just sand a key to good bits. You still want it to look even though. Mine are still the same condition now as when I sprayed them. I am pretty sure all the stuff you got will work no problem :thumbs:

With the sat nav it is Nurrish's unit and it works really well and is very clear. In all honestly I was unsure untill I just googled whether postcode search worked. I can say it does work. POI have full address and phone numbers and garages can be searched by brand. Handy for vpower devouts :#1: Search Youtube for Igo8

• 3 months later...

Big changes have been happening lol. After going to the ring I noticed some issues with regards to handling and track driving so I contacted ZMANALEX. He sorted me out with Eiback Anti-roll bars, Ferrodo brake pads, HKS Hipermax RS coilovers and Federal RS-R tyres. I must be mad :scare: . Anyway this has made a world of difference and now the car is like a racecar. I only dropped the car 18mm and the only thing wrong was front tracking. The corner weighing came in fine aswell. 2% out so I was told.

I also managed to get the faclift rear LED lights and after going over them with the DA they are like brand new :yahoo: . And a carbon fibre splitter :wacko: Also I got the HKS type true dual fitted. :yahoo:

Here is a vid from the ring. I did 9:23 which I felt was on the limit.

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/do ... lapweb.mp4

It all begins lol

IMG_1290.jpg

IMG_1294.jpg

Sitting nice now

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1352.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

Cheers

I also made some brake pipes to cool the discs as at the ring after just one lap the brakes were cooking. I used left over materials so I only bought the pipe :thumbs:

IMG_1365.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

So much for leaving the car alone. :lol::lol::lol:

Cheers