Strange headlight related request.

cesc

This is indeed a strange topic and I'm fully expecting this to drop off the first page with no replies, but does anyone have a picture of their 350's xenon beam pattern?

I haven't picked mine up yet, but when I turned on the lights I could see that they were a bit lop-sided and the cutoff was blurry. I'm very anal about such seemingly trivial things so it's been bugging me ever since. What I'm asking for is a picture of your xenon output against a light surface :headhurt:

Similar to this:

e55-2.jpg

Any replies, and I mean any will be warmly received.

are your lights post or pre 06 mate?

+1 - big difference between the bi-xenon and normal xenon lights. It should look like that pic though :thumbs:

I always wondered what the diff between the post and pre 06 lights was apart from the trim colours.... cheers :thumbs:

are your lights post or pre 06 mate?

+1 - big difference between the bi-xenon and normal xenon lights. It should look like that pic though :thumbs:

I always wondered what the diff between the post and pre 06 lights was apart from the trim colours.... cheers :thumbs:

Different reflector/projector. Older xenon use a HID bulb for the dipped beam and a normal (H7 I think) bulb for high beam. Bi-xenon use the same HID bulb for both and have a shutter that moves out the way to reveal the high beam when in use and comes back down for dipped beam, cutting off the higher portion of light output.

Thanks for the replies so far, I have the pre-facelift xenons. I'm trying to find facelift bi-xenons but they seem to be very, very rare.

.... and expensive ;)

BTW, if your are searching make sure they are from an MY06 facelift model, rather than an 06 otherwise you could end up with the same lights you already have :doh: